Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the water temp at willard?
Wondering if anyone has been to willard the last couple of days,if so what was the water temp.

Thanks for any info.

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
53 to 55 in the areas I fished today.
[signature]
Thanks Poncho,

Nice walleye,I would still like to get out there and see how you are catching them,Let me know when your headed out and I will meet up with you,Sounds like Teroy would like to jion in also.LOL

I thought I was the only one that hasn't caught a walleye out of willard.LOL

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Well Tony I can show you what I know. It's not alot but I have had alot of practice chasing wally and I manage to get a few, but I couldn't give a seminar. I'm still learning the lake once that is done the odds will be tipped in my favor. I don't fish Willard as much as I would like cause it's quite a drive from Midvale but every trip I learn a little more. This last trip I found out where the feed lots are also found one of the islands I hear there's two of them one marked one not marked, also found some humps. Doesn't seem to be alot of structure out there. But any way we can hook up some time, most of my fishing is during the week. I fish the weekend's also but that's wife time, and when I fish the weekend's she's with me. So maybe I can help you get that first Walleye.
[signature]
I hear you on the drive I live in Kearns,I also am learning the area but have found most of the good structure wiper fishing.

Curious are you vertical jigging or casting and draging.LOL

We have a map floating around that alot of the guys marked up last year,ask Teroy to e-mail it to you,has alot of good structure marked on it,not exact directions but close enough to find them.I lost the map about a month ago when my hardrive died on my computer.

I can fish during the week and the weekends,let me know when your going and will see if I can make it.

Thanks Again,Tony[cool]
[signature]
I'm doing both, if the water is shallow I will cast to them if deep then I vertical jig. Once they really get active I'll drift the flats or troll the feeding areas. If the weather ever settles down, that should be soon. In Kansas they would start getting really active about a week or two before Memorial weekend.
[signature]