Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture Posting Size
The administrators of BFT would like us to keep our picture sizes below 300k so that people with dial up can see the pics. I have been having problems waiting for some of the pics lately even with a fairly fast computer.

There are many free pic resizing programs you can find on the internet.

I just use the Microsoft paint that comes with my computer. It is easy to use and works pretty fast.

Please help me remind new members as they start to post pics.

Thanks
Windriver
[signature]
im sorry im sure im one of the one with the pix size i will fix it before i post another one thanks for letting me know
[signature]
I think I just goofed too[:/]
[signature]
No problem lets just clean it up in the future. I do not know all the details on the reasons why but I just know that is what they want in order to keep the whole system running smoothly.

Windriver
[signature]
Hold on............ If you have dial up I suggest, parking the VW Golf, stop watching " The Carol Burnette Show" and put down the Ovaltine candy bar. And welcome to the 21st century.
[signature]
lol funny stuff tapajos[Wink] but not every one can afford stuff like that right now given how crappy the economy is. so that is why we have to downsize are pictures.
[signature]
Guilty as charged SORRY! I'm used to Bountyfishing.com. They need Tourney photos BIG for their forensics!
Smiles Always
MA
[signature]
Is there a way to down size without cropping, if so how.
[signature]
Open your picture with Paint and then click "File"> "Save As" and then type a new file name and then click "Save". This will drop the size of the picture on the disk without changing the viewing size of the picture. Most pictures will drop to around 400k with this method.
[signature]
Thank you, and to think all this time all I had to do was ask.
[signature]
Test: Ice Pics Don

[Image: 1040460smallal6.jpg]

[Image: 1040457smallmt4.jpg]

[Image: invfish0581smallhq7.jpg]

[Image: 1040459smallwp0.jpg]
[signature]
so wheres this spot at. looks like you got some good sized perch there in the sink.
[signature]
I think those came out of Wild Horse in Nevada.
[signature]
test before posting on main forum
[signature]
Okay, I guess I just don't get how the picture thing works. When I attach a picture, all I get is a link. I see others put pictures right in their posts, but I don't seem to be able to do that. I thought it would do that if I click the "inline" box, but when I do that I get nothing.

What's up? Is it just me.
[signature]
[quote iwantabuggy]Okay, I guess I just don't get how the picture thing works. When I attach a picture, all I get is a link. I see others put pictures right in their posts, but I don't seem to be able to do that. I thought it would do that if I click the "inline" box, but when I do that I get nothing.

What's up? Is it just me.[/quote]

I think the ones that you can see right in the post are using photbucket or image shack. But you may be able to upload to the site and then take the link it gives you and attach by clicking the pic fame in the task bar of the reply box like so [fishin][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=58985]
[signature]
Thanks, I think I have it now.
[signature]