Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay (report)
Went to willard today 1 walleye 2 smallmouth 1 carp. Caught all over buy the feed lots in 13 feet of water. Had a few more strikes, just didn't connect. Fished several different areas but all bites were by the feed lot. Talked to three other boats 2 fishing for wiper the other fishing for walleye. When I talked to them none had caught a fish. One of them that.was fishing for wiper said he caught 7 last wed. but they weren't in the same area today. Caught all mine on jig and crawler, had a few strikes that took half my worm, thought about putting a stinger on but just used half a crawler instead and started connecting.[Image: poncho_6812.jpg]
[signature]
Not a bad walleye poncho. Thanks for the head up. I'm sure when the temps warm just a few more degrees, the fish will be more consistant. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
Nice color on that male.
[signature]
Great looking fish Poncho! Glad you some luck[cool]

Still boggles my mind, all the times I have fished Willard I have never caught a Walleye. Maybe you can show me some time how to get'em[Smile]
[signature]
I can try and get you that first Walleye, If you have fished Willard very much I'm surprised you haven't hooked one yet. I saw on an earlier post that you trolled for wipers one day this week, well once the water warms up you'll get one trolling, I think the water is a little cool yet but it shoudn't be long. They are still hungry but just not energetic enough to chase a fast moving bait. Be glad to hook up some time just don't expect miracles cause I sure don't know it all. But I do try hard.
[signature]