Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neponset reservoir info
I was out browsing on Google Earth and saw this body of water over by Woodruff. I was curious and started to look around the DWR site for information. I couldn't find any. Has anyone fished this reservoir? What is it like? Any info would be great. Or is this just a basin catch that dries up most years? PM me if you don't want to post.

katghoti
[signature]
Is this on the Wyoming side or the Utah side? I know there is a lake right over the border that I think is called Woodruff narrows. I've never heard of Neponset but maybe [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=cadresults"][#000000]cadresults[/#000000][/url] will chime in here because he lives in that area. WH2
[signature]
This is on the Utah side. Woodruff Narrows is on the Wyo side. They are close together. I have never heard of this reservior and was wondering if it was fishable.

katghoti
[signature]
In case [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=cadresults"][#000000]cadresults[/#000000][/url] doesn't resond to this thread, try sending him a PM, like I said he lives up there and likely knows about it. WH2
[signature]
If it is west of Woodruff on the dirt road to Monte Cristo I have fished it a couple of times. Better early. I think it might be an impoundment for irrigation. It gets stocked I think and it wasn't too bad...if it's the one I'm thinking of.
[signature]
There are two reservoirs west of Woodruff and neither is the one that the author is talking about.

Neponset is south of Woodruff and there is no noticeable sign to mark a turn off from the highway. I've often wondered about it myself since I like getting away from popular spots when I can.

My greatest fear is that it's wrapped up in Deseret land. That would prohibit access. I've been tempted to turn down the road, but always end up west of Woodruff instead.[Wink]

It would be great to hear a first hand account about it.

I'd love to make the long drive and check, myself, but last time I did that in that area, I ended up staring at a gate with a big sign on it.
[signature]
Neponset is only accessible through Deseret Land and Livestock and they guide for waterfowl hunting on it every year. It is surrounded by DLandL so you can only get there by helicopter or by buying your way in by access fees. $100/day/pole or gun. Too rich for my blood. Contact Rick Danvir who is the operator for Deseret CWMU and he can answer you questions. 435-793-4161

cb
[signature]
So who owns Neponset then? It seems kind of odd that they wouldn't use eminent domain to at least allow them to build an access road if it is a government reservoir.
[signature]
You could go to the Rich County Courthouse and using township, range and sections find out the property owner of the land. As far as access to the reservoir you have to pay. In the previous email, can contact Rick Danvir and he could tell you all the details. These are the ones I know about and are a year old at least now and are from friends who have fished there in the past.

cbfish
[signature]
The lake is located on Deseret and I have been by it numerous times guiding hunters, I don't think there is much for fish in it, It does hold alot of waterfowl. It can only be accessed through locked gates. The public land up there near the Wy. border is checker boarded alot like the land south of Evanston, basically no public access.[:/]
[signature]