Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from sunny AZ!
Hey ya'll!
First a little about me, I am 22 and live in Phoenix, AZ where I have always lived. I am married and have a 10 week old son. I am an avid outdoorsman and love going camping and shooting, but had only been fishing a few times on my life until last Friday. Friday a bunch of my buddies who fish and a few who don't decided to do a little trip to a lake about an hour and a half away and do some all night catfishing from the shore. What a blast! I had such a great time. We caught a few decent channel cats and a bunch of small bluegill and 2 or 3 pretty small smallmouth bass. We just caught and released all of them. So my question is, even though I have friends who are more than happy to teach me to fish, are there any good websites out there with a lot of info that I should check out when I can't be learning to fish first-hand? I will probably want to start off mostly just fishing for catfish. I would like to get a decent rod and reel combo for less than say 40 or 50 bucks, any recomendations? I think I want a spin-cast, right? I have no idea about the action though. I would like to get something that I won't have to replace right away and is good all-around for a variety of types and sizes of fish, if that is possible and makes sense. How about some tackle reccomendations for catfish, bass, or bluegill? What do you guys like to use? Like I said, I am real new at this and would really appreciate any info ya'll are willing to share. Is there a good website or book I should check out? Thanks and you can find me anytime just wandering around your forums here. Seems to be a great place for info and friendly folks!
[signature]
Ask all your questions about fishing at the link below, One of our moderators(TubeDude) use to live in AZ so you might get some good info from him.
[signature]