Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CARPAGE In Town
Well Macfly isn't here to keep the board flowing so I thought I would throw out some things.
I don't recall if I mentioned it, but some freinds from the Fiberglass forum were here in S.L. so we took them to the Provo where the Fishing was a little slow due to run off, but they got into them with the good ol' San Juan worm.
While here Mountainshark built a two handed glass rod (HARDY) that he wants it to make the rounds across the country with me being first.
I caught some nice trout at Strawberry on it, but lately I have been on a Carp crave. I have hooked several, but no pictures due to the fact I was using 6 lb. and loosing them right at shore.
I found some Mirage 3X (9.7 lb...don't get that one myself) and tied on the RAINY Carp Hex. Got into the gold today...WAHOO!;

[Image: MSCarp2400.jpg]

[Image: MSCarp4400.jpg]

And it is good to know, this rod doesn't discriminate:

[Image: MSCarp5400.jpg]

[Image: MSCarp7400.jpg]
[signature]
[Wink]Nice Carpies Joni. bet that was fun landing them. Where did you find the Mirage? Was carping the other day but couldnt land any.( leader kepy breaking, Froghair5x). We must go sometime soon[fishin]

pa
[signature]
I stocked up on the Mirage before the store here closed. For the price of Orvis Fluorocarbon, when you get a chance to buy it half off, you do just that. There is no shelf life so to speak on Fluorocarbon, that is why I encourage people that use it to pick up all the waist, like the tags.

Carpage is at least 8 lb.[fishon]
[signature]