Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-3 and 6-4
Well I am going to make this short and sweet since everyone else's Willard Posts' are ten times better than this one.

My Dad came into town Wed. night and I had to work yesterday so after work we decided to take a ride to the South Marina and "check" it out. Noticed boat launching so it got our wheels turning a bit, after that we decided to take a drive to Pineview and see how many people were on it, A TON!!!!!!!! So we decided to go home and hitch up the boat and fish for a few at Willard. Well we got there around 6:15, but when I went to start the boat, NOTHING!!![pirate][mad] The clutch on the starter would spin but not go up and engage the fly wheel, so after messing with it for about 30 minutes I decided to have my Dad turn the key while I hit the heck out of it and Walla!!! The clutch just had a bunch of "gunk" on it and so we put some WD-40 on it and worked like advertised!!! Anyway, we got to fishing at 7:15, worked our way to the Light Pole and all the way back to the Island with only 4 good hits and nothing to show for it. We decided to call it a day and come back in the morning.

July 4th- Well we hit the water at around 6:15 this morning to slightly gusty winds but decided to give it a try. We got 6 really good hits and 2 kitty cats to show for it!!! Caught both on a Fire Tiger Double-Jointed #5 Rapala. The picture is of my Dads (didnt get one of mine since the wind was blowing and too close to the rocks, had to control the boat)!!! Got off the water at 11:15. Anyway, hope it gets better for the Tourney!!! Guess it wasnt that short of a post huh? Sorry!!!

TS
[signature]
i hate them stnking cats. i thought they had died of a bit out there,but i was wrong.
[signature]
[cool]You serious? I guess you must miss TubeDude's reports then. He goes out there all the time, and that's mostly what he catches are catfish there. There's more cats in that lake right now than there's been in years...
[signature]
I have been out to willard trying to get wiper, and all I can seem to get is catfish over and over, but it is good to feel an extra jerk and you know you got a wiper on!
[signature]
Welcome to the Board!!! I know what you are saying about the "extra jerk", just wish it would be a constant bite out there every once and a while. No real good success except for a few here and there, nothing like I have read reports about that is for sure!!!
TS
[signature]