Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7/3-7/6 E-Lake, Miller, Potters, Fireworks
Long weekend so got a late start posting a report. Wetyourfly was asking questions about the Skyline drive area so I figure I better post a report.

Got to E-lake before noon on the 3rd only to find the place we camped last time was loaded with trailers. We did find a nice place to set up the trailer by the ramp. Glad we set up there as no one else was camping close by.

I fished E-lake during the morning and a couple of evenings while we were camping. Fishing was slow with about 3-5 caught on minnows each time I fished.

I also fished Miller Flat Reservoir for about 30 minutes until a crazy storm came through and blew us off the lake. I stopped by Huntington on the way back, but only fished another 30 minutes because there was no action at all. Quite a few people around the lake and everyone was talking about how slow it was. I did see schools of small 2-4 inch tiger trout just about everywhere. Looks like they recently planted a bunch of small fish. Not sure if that slowed fishing down any.

I also fished another place off the beaten path that I won't mention the name (I don't think it has a name anyways) and caught two really nice rainbows about 16-17 inches (pictures attached). I came across this place by chance and couldn't believe the size of the two rainbows I caught while there.

Lastly, I also went to Potter's Pond and caught planter rainbows, but nothing of any size. I was planning on hitting a few other places but never got around to it with the family.

We went to Scofield for the fireworks show and I got some good pictures in case any of you didn't happen to make it to fireworks this year.
[signature]
nice report my friend.. i was going to pull my traler up there my self.. but i though i'll wait tell after the 4th.. when there is some camping spots on the north end.. i was up on the 2dn and there was allredy a small city down there..

(I also fished another place off the beaten path that I won't mention the name (I don't think it has a name anyways)..)

you dont think it has a name? lol bet i know the name! [crazy]
[signature]