Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Score this bull
Just wondering what you guys think see this bull would score.

[inline 20AM0073.JPG]

[inline 20AM0016.JPG]

[inline 20AM0186.JPG]
[signature]
310 [:p]
[signature]
From those pictures they don't look very heavy and most of the points don't have a lot of length, my quess would be 280 or 290.
[signature]
gross 316 net 301.
[signature]
[#6000bf]I would guesstimate its right at 300. Still a young bull, looks like it has some good potential.[/#6000bf]
[signature]
gots to be a 318!!
[signature]
Somebody on DLL will probably take him this year.
[signature]
He's probably a resident of the Cedar Hills or Middle ridge CWMUs which border the back of the Henefer/Echo unit. The bulls on Deseret usually winter over on the Utah/Wyoming border or in the back canyons of Causey.
All I need is a little snow and he may meet me and my muzzleloader. [sly]
[signature]
I don't know where you got that info from but they line out in different directions the main bunch heads East toward the ranch but I've guided on the late cow hunts and seen plenty of the bulls head South toward Skull Crack and the Interstate as well as Hell Canyon. Alot of the bulls you seen around Echo and the interstate as well as Eagle ranch last winter do indeed come off the DLL. Don't want to get into an arguement just thought you might like to know. The ranch actually cut back on their feeding program several years ago and started planting food sources for them in different areas of the ranch to discourage the mass migration to the East. I think it was not all good as they destroyed alot of sage brush which the sage hens need to survive, but then I'm not a biologist so what do I know.[:p]
[signature]
Yeah I'm sure there are a few from Deseret. The only problem I see is the elk migrating down into the city of Croydon and then back up the mountain and then down again on the Henefer/Echo unit. There is no reason for the elk to drop 2,000-3,000 feet in elevation and then go right back up the moutain and down again.
The Bulls from Deseret could make the long migration over there, but why woudn't they just go down to the flats or in Skull crack instead of traversing all that nasty terrain and dropping into canyons just to go back up the other side? There's local elk there also that winter, and plenty of elk on the surrounding properties. You never know where those elk have come from.
[signature]
That's funny if you think elk will not travel thru nasty terrain, and I guess you didn't understand what I posted. Enough said have A Great Day.[cool]
[signature]
I was talking about going down a huge canyon and back up again.
Usually the elk want to go DOWN, not back UP the mountain. I have studied this area all year and talked to the area biologist countless times about the elk in this area. I'm not saying that there are no elk from Deseret that winter on the unit (I thought we already covered that). The fact is, there are at least 10-15 CWMUs in that area that bulls can come from to winter on that unit. Not every bull you see over there comes from Deseret. Elk have exploded in that area and there are thousands of bulls all over the place, you can find elk in every surrounding CWMU as well as smaller private land parcels. I know elk pretty well and I know that elk will travel and live in some of the nastiest country in Utah, but I also know that when the snow flies, the want to go down, not UP.
[signature]