Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawbery Kokes?
Any ideas where and how to get kokes at Strawberry? Thinking of heading up Sunday. I do have a downrigger and also leaded line?
[signature]
im going koke hunting at the berry sunday as well. brother comming in from cali and he wants to catch cuts. hasnt fished since we were kids. i am thinking sivler bullets!!! fished fg yesterday and got some up to 4.4. i just got some info ill pm you on where they are picking some up.[Wink] ken
[signature]
A likely spot is on the Soldier Creek side just outside and inside of The Narrows. Best way to find them is to look for them on your fishfinder. They can be caught with leaded line, but it is much easier to control your depth with a downrigger. The standard koke tackle that works at The Gorge will also work at Strawberry, just usually not as well.
[signature]
Only way I catch them is to keep at it . Sometimes it takes me 2 days to find them . Look for fish on the finder and drop the downrigger to that depth . Most of the time it will be a dang cutt but you will find them if you keep at it . I have hooked kokes as deep as 70' on the Soldier Creek side . I usually fish needlefish with the most success . I catch a fair share of bows deep too .
Try Stinking Springs , and out from the dam .
[signature]
do you run the needle fish behind a flasher? how long of a leader? and color i guess might assist. lol thanx ken
[signature]
I started using sling blades but have used big dodgers before , doubles slings usually green and pink with about 2 foot of leader . But Strawberry can be good with red colors too . I'm sure pink will work too . Lot of the guys on the radios say pink UV apex was killing them last year but I never have tried them yet . Good luck Ken , One more week on Willard and I will be going there next .
[signature]
My dad came back from the berry today and ran into a guy at the cleaning station that had a few Kokes, he caught them on the Soldier Creek side with a gold needlefish with a red head behind a dodger.
[signature]
A welding teacher i subbed with at ATC fishes them all the time. He has numerous pics of nice kokes from the Narrows area. He only uses 1 thing for them.....j-9 Rapalas down 60 to 70' in rainbow trout and silver/black. No joke, i saw the pics.[Wink]
[signature]
thanx guys. j 9,s ??? ive caught few off haws along time ago on cd # 5 silver / black. was he running them behind a dodger? i painted up a few cd,s in hot pink to try.[fishin][fishin][fishin][fishin][fishin][fishin]
[signature]
Hi, thanks for the info. Where is stinking springs?
[signature]
Soldier Creek side. Buy a map to get the exact location
[signature]
Kokes at Strawberry. You spelled it wrong its spelled Cokes. And you should visit a store that sells soda pop. I don't know where you get them around Strawberry.

Personally I drink Diet Coke, never regular Coke.

As far as lead line, I don't think that has anything to do with getting Cokes at Strawberry.
[signature]
I am headed up the end of this week. How did you do? Did you find them? I am planning on taking some first timers and new fishers with me and would love to get them into some Kokes.
[signature]