Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting Family In Burley
I am up here in Burley this week visiting family and we are near the Snake river. I was wonder if anyone knew any good lures or baits for some good bass fishing. I am going to the Snake between Burley and Declo and would like to hook in with some big bass.

Any suggestions??
[signature]
Keep it simple, tube jigs, rubber shad, rubber worms or lizards carolina rigged.
You will snag a lot on the rocks if you are in the zone so don't waste expensive lures.
[signature]
Thanks for the information. I went out today and caught 3 smallies. Two of them were not anything to shout about, just little 8 inchers, but I did catch about a 14 incher that was quite fun. We also caught several carp, not on purpose, but still fun none the less .
[signature]
i've even caught them on night crawlers, while giving them a little action.
[signature]
One of my favorites is a 4 inch watermellon seed lizard with a 12 inch dropshot weight. If your not getting many hits was the same lizard but with red specks in it. Good luck.
[signature]
I went out again today and used real worms because my brother in law had some, but only caught some carp, but thanks for all the information. My time here in Burley is over, so back to Utah, but thank you all for the tips. I will surely use them the next time I come up.
[signature]
Do you mean, 12" above the dropshot weight?
[signature]
Yes, I mean the weight is 12 inches below the lizard. That way if you snag in some weeds or rocks you only loose your weight and nothing else. There are weights that pinch the line instead of tying it on.
[signature]