Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Help from the Experts
I am hoping for some help.. my 56 year old mom is going through cancer treatment and my 84 year old grandpa realizes that he may not be here forever... so at their request I am taking them fishing on saturday... They cannot walk far and cannot be in the sun for long, so to that end I have rented a pontoon boat from Strawberry Bay.. then I can drive them to the dock and put up the sunshade to keep them out of the sun..

We will be fishing saturday for as long as they can take the heat and sun...

I am hoping to be able to throw some powerbait on a pole and let them reel in as many fish as possible, I think that will be the easiest method... but if that doesnt work I think i will try trolling.... Neither of them will be strong enough to jig for very long so I think that is out... any suggestions as where to go or what to use would be greatly appreciated... thanks guys...
[signature]
Haws point would be a good choice. I caught several bows on green power bait there, when i'm not fly fishing or jigging. It's right across from the marina so the trip would be easier on your folks.

Hope you do well, and they have a ball!!
[signature]
Indian Creek bay in the meadows would be the best place to catch a fish on powerbait right now. We fished it on sat. and caught a few on powerbait. Also, buy a dozen worms and bobbers. Suspend the worm with no weight below the bobber about 3 to 5 feet. We caught a bunch of fish doing that too. You will likley pick up the fish that are cruising the surface using this method.
I just had to see who the STRAWBERRY PRO'S are LOL
May God bless you and your family. Your mother is not much older than I am. And I lost my mother unexpectedly last year. Worst pain in the world.
Please give a report on the day.
[signature]
thank you guys so much... and I will post on sunday to let you know how we did...
[signature]