Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Tourney results and report!
Well, it was a wonderful get-together. I really enjoyed the whole thing except getting skunked while everybody was out fishing.

The flare launch was a bit of a comical sight. It was launched and there was a full 30 seconds to 1 minute before anyone moved. We were on the beach yelling GO< GO< GO!
After everyone had left and started fishing, myself, TLSpyder13, petty4life, and Spyders son went out for a while. NOTHING!
We came back in time to get set-up for the judging. The first 2 people to measure were the tooners of the group. Bassbugn was second to check in with the winning basket of fish That was a huge walleye! We got everyone measured and at 1 point had a 4-way tie going on wipers and cats. Luckily there were 3 fish that stood over the rest and made the judges jobs easy.

After we filleted the fish, we went back to the pavilion to start with the awards and prizes. The food was already being devoured by the time we got there. We awarded the prizes and finished out the day talking with other members. We ended up having enough prizes for each kid to have atleast 2 and a few got 2 or 3. The adults all got atleast 1 raffle prize and some got 2.

Congrats to the winners for their catches. I should have known the tooner would spank the boaters.[sly]

I want to thank TLSpyder13 for all he did to help prior to and during the event. You were a life saver Richard.
I also want to thank the judges(Petty4Life, Oldcoot, and my mom for helping with that. My mom took a pic of all the fish. Muskyhunter ended up watching from behind to make sure petty wasn't cheating.[:p]
I want to thank my wife for helping(taking over) the kids games and keeping them occupied. I
I want to thank Djremo's wife for helping cook all the burgers and dogs. Thanks Maria.
I want to thank Bearclaw for cooking the delicious fish. I know it was cooked a little late but it was all i got to eat. Awesome fish man!
I want to thank BigBuck3333 for the flare launch and the wonderful donations.
I also want to thank all of the following for the prizes and money donated. If i forget anyone here, shoot me a pm and i will fix it. There were so many, it will be hard for me to remember you all:
TheAngler & BFT
ManiacCustomLures.com
Anglers Den
Sportsmans Warehouse
Smith & Edwards
Ace Hardware in Roy
Lee'sMarine in Hyrum
Lakextackle
Crankem
4boats
trollem34
Fencekid
Trout_Slayer
Oldcoot
TubeDude

And i know there are more, so please shoot me a pm
Thanks for the chance to put this on and i really hope everyone enjoyed it. We are already talking about plans for next year. It will be much bigger if i decide to go forward with it.

I will try and sort all the pics out and get them posted little by little.[cool]
[signature]
Great time but the catching could get better. Next time, it is an interesting body of water.
[signature]
I went out with Matt the week before and we slayed them. It is absolutely a moody lake.[Wink]
[signature]
Is it better in the fall ? Want to try it again, lost my only lure they wanted and need to get some more. Theyb really liked pearl white with blue tint.
[signature]
Thanks for putting everything together Brody! Although the fishing was bad for our boat, I had a great time! [cool]
[signature]
Thanks Brody for putting this together I have a bunch of pics if you could set up a photo gallery I will get them posted,I have to many to post them one at a time.
[signature]
Well done Brody well done, Had a great time, The tourney was put together perfect!!

Thx again
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]I'v thanked you several times and I'll thank you again.

You demonstrated a class act.

Now that I am becoming a grandpaw for the fourth time, I couldn't help but notice how much fun all the little toads were having catching "fish" in that wading pool. Cool idea.

You and all those that helped did good. And I can only bet that if you put one together next year, you will take good advantage of lessons learned and ideas to make it even better.
[signature]
I had to stand behind Petty and watch him there was no where to set my beer!!![:p]

Very well put together tourny it was a lot of fun,great job Brody!!
[signature]
[#008000]Hey lunkerhunter2 ! Thank you for all the hard work you did putting it together. Great job ![/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]It was a fun day and a great opportunity to get together with great folks ! [/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Also, Kudos to the cooks and all that participated in the preparations.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]P.S. Where's all the photos ?[/#008000]
[signature]
thanks for the tourney brody,without you it wouldnt have happened.it just goes to show with proper planning, you can pull it of we could have a hundred enter the way it was staged,just got to use your head.i think it fished so tuff was the weather on friday,i fished it all day 3 ft rollers out of the north,when i went to the south end on sat.started catching fish.never caught anything till moving down to where everything was blown to on friday.thanks again great time.
[signature]
Added some of the photo's of the get together in the Willard Open 2008 photo gallery. I will added some more tonight.
Please add your ID and any comments you would like.
Thanks,fnf[cool]
[signature]
Do you have a link Tony? I will get mine uploaded soon.
[signature]
Thanks to Brody, and everybody else who did stuff.
I didn't do much more than just sit around, but at least I got to do it among friends! Wink
[signature]
I tried to link it but it wouldn't work?Go to big fish fun at the top of the page,then photo gallery,then it is in the member get togethers,under willard open 2008.
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/652"]Link to photo gallery[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the LINK but it needs to got to willard open 2008,not wiper tourney 2008.thanks if you can fix it?
[signature]
I fixed the link.
[signature]
Thank you sir![Wink]
I have a bunch more,it takes a long time to download the pictures so I will add some more tonight for awhile.
[signature]
I just put over 30 pics in the BFT Open Gallery. Go check them out and watch for more in the next couple days.
[signature]