Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedar kids pond
Kids pond was great for 8-10 inch rainbows. My bro's kid loved it but was really more interested in playing with the fish than reeling them in. It snowed for 2 hours but the fish didn't care and Colton didn't either.

It was a great day and I think I enjoyed it more than Colton.
[signature]
Glad to hear ya had a good time. Thats what its all about. Many a trip I have more fun watching, with, or helping the kids fish that actually fishing. It's still feels good when FB2 starts catching more fish than me. Makes the trip all the more worth while.
[signature]
It'll nice once he can start baiting and hooking his own fish. Since I don't have a kid of my own I can spoil Colton even more. I guess the idea is to get them hooked so they can take me when I'm old and retired.

Either way it was a lot of fun and I'll try and post a couple of those pics, they turned out great.
[signature]
Now yer gettin the idea teach them well, make it fun and you have a fishin partner for life. FB2 by the time he was 3 was hooking his own fish, that is when he was fishing and not playing in the water. Now that hes a teen I sometimes think I have to go back and hook them for him LOL. But he can put on his own bait now, and I do get to fish rather than babysit. All the time you put in on them when they are young comes back to you many fold over as they get older. FB2 is turning into a catch and release kind of guy. He understands that its ok to keep what your going to eat. Let the rest go for another day. He has watched me catch the same fish several weeks in a row. It had a damaged dorsal fin and tail. So he knows that is what can happen.
[signature]
Here's Colton playing with his fish. That Smile makes it worth every penny.

[Image: HEDG2797CustomImage0209477.jpg]

[Image: HEDG2797CustomImage021201.jpg]
[signature]