Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new outcast fat cat question....
one of my buddies at work got a fat cat and didnt like it after only two uses so he sold it to me for 100 bucks. sweet deal. however, he lost the stripping apron. anybody know how i can get a new one or does any one have perhaps a fat cat that is popped or something and wanna sell the apron. if i cant find one im gonna try to make a makeshift one to fit. im not too picky as for looks and i dont use the apron much but i do want the stability of having the crossbar in front of me......
[signature]
make one of your own. easier/cheaper. and you can customize it. paint on length and girth measurments. can also make it out of something other then mesh, IE a tray bottom, so you have some where to strip line, and if need be you have a solid desk like platform to eat from, tie flies on a moblie vise from (i personally dont reccomend that with a mesh apron, i tried that fishing with TS and might have had one to many brews and just ended up hooking myself and tied something that resembled a dying duck, meets bozo the clown look). best bet is to build a frame with the cross bar, and then make a cross section that would hold a food service tray. go to a local cafeteria, ugh... country buffet would be your best bet, pay the 6 bucks for the buffet and then make a mad dash with the food tray, viola, a stable tray like object that has some depth to strip line, and is sturdy enough to work off of on the water!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have at least a couple of "original equipment" mesh aprons in my garage that I will never use. Be happy to donate one...if you really want it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The Outcast aprons are wimpy. I have been making "rigid" aprons from plastic lids from storage containers for several years. Easy to make and they make a much better platform for tackle tinkerin', fish control, line stripping, etc. We have lots of past posts on different apron styles over on the float tubing board. But, here is a post I recently put up on the new apron I put on my newest Super Fat Cat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=406040;#406040"]LINK TO HOW-TO[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Shoot me a PM if you would like to come over and work on trickin' out your new ride. I do rod holders, sonar and all that good stuff.[/#0000ff]

[inline "4# WIPER.JPG"]
[signature]
Why, another excellent idea from the people at TD & Company.

I busted out out my Fishcat 9 this weekend, and was pondering this very matter: a hard-surface working area. And I just so happen to have a spare lid...

BTW, apparently you've been out tubin alot this summer; your hair has gotten, errr, very blonde. [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nah. I've always been a "tow head". Here's an earlier pic.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14063][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]However, I did go through a "brown phase" that lasted many years before I returned to my blonde roots.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I am extremely impressed with your ability to instantly retrieve from archives a picture of you, circa 1960.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Wrong, toy breath. That pic was taken about 1947. And yes...I AM that old.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry about hijacking the thread. Here are some more "rigid apron" pics. I have been using one form or another for several years. Someone once named them my "sushi boards".[/#0000ff]

[inline "APRON IN PLACE.JPG"]

[inline "BROWNIE ON BOARD.JPG"]

[inline "FISH PLATTER.JPG"]

[inline "RIGID APRON.JPG"]

[inline "SUSHI BOARD.JPG"]
[signature]
thats perfect. i was wondering what the best way to build one would be. looks like its time for me to bust out the home arts and crafts kit.......can you pick up one of those lids somewhere or do ya have to buy the whole bucket/tub it comes attached to?

i also wouldnt mind having an original apron, if you have one you dont want or need, for the times i wanna lug my tube into somewhere thats a bit of a hike. you know, so its easier and more compact to carry but for those easy launches i will definitely be more than happy with the tray top. wouldnt mind hookin up and making some of those rod holders too.......

ill pm ya later tonite.............thanks for the help fellas......
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have a few extra lids too. All ya gotta do is cruise a few garage sales on Saturday morning. They all have a bunch of those storage boxes emtied to sell their stuff. Offer them a buck for a lid and they will be all over it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are a lot of different makes of those plastic storage containers. Look for a lid about 24" wide by about 18" deep. You will need to do some shaping to get it to fit your tube and the mods you put on it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]McGuyver was a tuber.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Wrong, toy breath. That pic was taken about 1947. And yes...I AM that old.[/#0000ff]

so what was Noah like? i mean was a cool dude to hang out with and such? did he let you fish off the ark?

i couldent help it, i think i just saw my chance to go tubing with you fly away with that joke.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Noah was a cool dude, but didn't know squat about fishing. He really blew his cool when I took his two worms and headed for the stern of the ark to do some fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]He and I had a major disagreement over building that ark. Just couldn't get him to use enough PVC.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You get your bad self back in country and we will share some water...tubes, boats, bank tanglin' or whatever. I'd be proud to "break you in" as a potential fishing buddy. Even got an extra tube setup if you need it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
im already a step ahead of ya. i got my tube back at the ouse in germany and my toon in TS's garage
[signature]