Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fungus?
Has anyone found out What the fungus on the trout at Deer Creek is? It's not anchor worms right? -TIBBZZ-
[signature]
thats 'bassfishermanitis' a rare disease passed on by big ugly bass fisherman . .

[Tongue]

sm
[signature]
i dont remember the technical name but are you talking about the browns in deer creek? or all fish? actually before i make a comment lets ask a few questions. what fish is the fungus on? and what does the fungus look like. anchor worms are present in all bodies of water. but only the water that has a limited thermocline doest the anchor worms show up on the fish.
[signature]
I have seen it as well. It was all over the Rainbows going up to spawn in the Provo right above Deer Creek this spring. It is a milky white fungus like growth all over on different parts of the body. I have never seen it like that before. Usually when I have seen it in other waters it is just small amounts on the fins and tail of planters.

tightline
[signature]
I was wondering, because I keep hearing people who have fished Deer Creek lately talk about some fungus on the trout there thats making them sluggish & sickly. -TIBBZZ-
[signature]
SMART A$$ !!!!![Wink]
[signature]
i resemble that remark!

[cool]

sm
[signature]
that is terrible news. its all over the browns in the provo. it seems to have moved into the lake and to the rainbows. its a fungus that affects the fish when they are stressed out. cause can be from multipe reason or many different reasons. i cant imagine why its affecting the fish in the reservoir though. hmmmm
[signature]
Hey X it's the same fungus that the brown get. Only now it has spread to the bows as well. NOT ALL the TROUT in Deer Creek are affected. But it is higher than usual. DWR's biologist are looking into the cause and what they can do for the infected fish. But if I understood them right. There is nothing that can be done and it is going to have to run it's course. The other fish in the lake are unaffected by this fungus. It is limited to the trout and their hybreds. Hope this helps you guys. They never said if you could comsume them and I never thought to ask. I know I am not eating any right now.
[signature]
FYI, I started finding fungus on largemouths in my Basin haunts last summer. I had seen it in trout many times, but never in bass. They were high use areas and had very low water levels. hmmmmmmm

Good Fungus, Kayote LMAO
[signature]
Hmmmmmm I wonder if it is the same fungus? Now what we gonna have to say there's a fungus among us LOL The low water levels have been the contributing factor, along with the stress of the spawn. Where are those bass at Kayote? maybe we could get the DWR do to a little sampling there also.

Use your fungus in you hot N sour soup, Road
[signature]
Why, those bass are in the water, of course Road. LMAO. I think it's likely handling stress.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Would that be your swimming pool or bathtub kayote LOL. Handling stress? Man them fish are really stupid where you fish!! How many time ya fond...... ehhh i mean handled them to give um a fungus kayote LMAO
[signature]
I handle them as often as I can. Will I go blind????. Just kidding

Please Forgive Me, Kayote
[signature]
Only if you stick that fungus in your eye LMAO! Now go wash your hands .......
[signature]