Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Castle Info anyone?
Has anyone been down and fished it lately. And 2ndly how far from SLC is it?

Thanks
Majja
[signature]
To figure the distance to Newcastle just see how far it is to Cedar city from where you live, then add 30 miles. There are a couple of guys on the site that live in that area but they don't post about it .
[signature]
Thank you sir. Now I am wondering if it is worth the gas to drive down and try to fish it for Wiper.
[signature]
I've been wanting to get down there for two years now but the gas prices have put a halt to those plans this year. The good thing about waiting is, those 18 inch wipers will be twenty to twenty two inch by next year[Smile]. I can give you the name of the guy that lives near there if you want to send him a PM?
[signature]
Recent rumor has it that the wiper fishing has been good recently, pop gear and a minnow is what i've heard or "anything shiny". Also i've talked to a few who have been fishing it topwater at nights and doing fairly well. I'm sure it doesn't hold a candle to willard, but on the plus side there are some toad smallmouth in there, 5 pounds and up.
[signature]
Wiperhunter2 Shoot me his name in a PM and I will PM him as well. It might be worth the drive if I can get Wasatch801 to go and split gas.
[signature]
You still owe me money... so this trip just might be on you! ....LMAO [sly]
[signature]
PM sent and good luck to you guys. I'll be looking forward to reading how you did[cool].
[signature]
Hey Majja i live down here so heres the lowdown on newcastle. The fishing is great for little to medium smallies with just about anything, Trout fishing sucks and wipers are hit and miss so there is always the possibility of hitting it on a miss day. There are some champion smallies in there, if you do come and arent getting into the wiper try for the big smallies and you wont be dissapointed.
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys, I will have to talk it over with W801 and see what we want to do.
[signature]
I fished it Friday evening, 7/25 from 6 - 9:30pm. The lake has a lot of pressure from boats trolling for wipers (thanks to the DWR's report). However, wiper fishing was very poor this evening. During that time, I only saw a single wiper caught, and it was from a float-tuber. We did ok ourselves, targeting smallies.
[signature]