Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba News
OK guys I am going to have to take the catch and release stickers off my boat.

Here is the news from another site. I confirmed it with the DWR site.

"Emergency Amendment to Yuba Regulations
[Image: dot_clear.gif]
Division of Wildlife Resources Director Kevin Conway has signed an emergency amendment to Utah's 2003 Fishing Proclamation allowing anglers to keep 12 walleyes, 12 Northern pike, 16 catfish and eight trout a day at Yuba, from May 19 to Aug. 14. Anglers may also keep up to 20 yellow perch a day. Fishing at the central Utah reservoir will end on Aug. 14. From Aug. 15 to Dec. 31, the reservoir and river within the high-water line of the reservoir will be closed to all fishing. Campgrounds and boat ramps are open."
[signature]
[Smile] Here is the offical emergency ammendment

Notice of emergency changes to the 2003 Utah fishing regulations
[Image: clear.gif]
Established by the Wildlife Board for taking fish and crayfish

I, Kevin Conway, by authority granted in Section 23-14-8 of the Wildlife Resources Code of Utah, declare an emergency amendment to the 2003 Utah Fishing Regulations. The following has been amended: [ul] [li]Yuba Reservoir (Sevier Bridge Reservoir) — Juab and Sanpete Counties[/b] [/li][/ul]

Effective May 19, 2003, the daily bag and possession limits for all game fish, except yellow perch, are doubled (for example: walleye 12, northern pike 12, channel catfish 16 and trout 8). The daily bag and possession limit on yellow perch is increased to 20.

Effective August 15 through December 31, 2003, the reservoir and river within the high-water line of the reservoir will close to all fishing.

Except for other emergency changes made since January 1, 2003, all other rules and regulations established in the 2003 Utah Fishing Regulation remain in effect.

Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

[Image: kevinconwaysignature.gif]
Director

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 25th day of April 2003.
[signature]
This is very curious news. I was under the impression that the fish population would be preserved by the construction of a temporary dam. It would seem that there have been some problems with that idea and now we are looking at something else. However, if the lake is to be drained it would be a perfect opportunity for yuba to get some of the things it has needed so desperatley in the past years. Cover and structure could be added with the water gone, and a stocking program that focused on establishing a good bait fish population prior to reintroducing predators could really fix a lot of the things that have hurt the fishery.

Does any one know who runs the state park down there and also who is the head biologist for the fish and game over yuba? I would be interested in working with these individuals and BFT members to do some volunteer projects down there to improve the future fishery while the water is low.
[signature]
dose this mean that we can use perch as bait again?

from the fuzzyfisher-------------fish on dudes
[signature]
[:/]So PescadorUtah does this mean that the one walleye over 20" is no longer in place? Thanks JK
[signature]
Predator,
The coffer dam isn't going to be there to keep any significant volume of water in the reservoir. It would have to be almost as big as the old dam to do that. It's there so they can pump the water out from the face of the dam, and work in dry conditions. Just like the ramps at Powell recently, and Utah Lake.

I doubt that it'll be more than a couple of feet high.

Fishrmn
Does anyone know if the have started lowering the lake level yet?
[signature]
Wish I still lived up there and I 'd go fish it. When I did I caught a 7 or more pound bass.
[signature]