Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River 7/24
My Friend and I fished the lower weber today near Mountain Green. We waded upriver and used spinners. After 4 hours of fishing we had caught 4 browns. 3 were in the 7 to 9 inch range. But one was a beautiful 16 inch fish. We didn't see any fish rising. The river was a little murky. We also drove up the canyon near Devil's Slide but the water was very fast and murky up there. Other fisherman seemed to be having slow to moderate success for small trout back down in the valley below Morgan.

Question: Where are some "public access points" for the river around and below Morgan? I tried to spot some on Google Earth but I couldn't see any obvious points of entry around stoddard or Morgan... except possibly a bridge or two.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, sounds like the catching was a little slow but a least you guys caught a few.
There are a few public access points around Morgan, you can find them by driving up the road beside the freeway and keeping an eye out for pull offs. I only know of a couple and one of those goes across private land. Your bridge access points are your best bets. WH2
[signature]