Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24th and water all to myself
What a fun day every hole a fish, mind you alot of them were 3" most were 6"
and one was a monster 13" but it was a joy and I did not see another person the hole
time. Size 20 PMD was my starter fly then went to a 18 brown Bivisable for the rest
of the day. both tied on Gamagatsu barbless (my favorite hook). 2 wt. Rod made even the
3" fish fun.
I am not revealing the stream but it is public and easy to get to. The main reason for this
post is to excite you guys to expand your horizons and try out some new waters for
yourselfs. You will be amazed at what you will stumble on. lots of waters you can drive
up to,lots of even better waters with a 20 min hike and totally awsome waters a couple
hours back in the trees. All on public lands.Get out a map and explore!!!
Have fun out there guys
Sounds like a blast !!! I got fish were your fishin I keep getting run off of the river
[signature]
Nobody to run you off or pester you, this water or the other waters I am talking about... we all own it,
natural forest.
For a starter to those willing to explore 20 min of hike up middle fork of the Ogden
for example. take along some 12-Joes Hoppers, 18 parachute ants,16 irresistables
week days are the best, not many horse riders to deal with. Easy trail.
[signature]
Now, don't be given away the secret spots.... I love fishin there.
[signature]
Good thing is everybody seems to forget about these little fisheries and they are as
good as ever the fallowing year.
I once stumbeled on to a creek in the Bear lake area no more than 2' wide at the widest
kind of muddy because of a cattle farm,didn't think fish could see a fly, if there were any
living in the tiny trickel that was there. To my suprise a 19" cutt and a few minutes and
20 feet down creek a 15". I am sure they were Spawning fish from the lake.
[signature]
Yep, It can be great, most of my largest fish have come out of a small spring creek not more than 3 feet wide in most places.
HFT- we've meet, granted you've probably met most people on here through your great store... I was a 14 year old fly-tier/fisher taking classes from Mike Navi (sp?) with my dad and bro. But that was ten years ago... i wouldn't expect you to have any recollection of me.
[signature]
Were the snakes bad up there James? I usually wait for snow to hit it. I know another place like that in the Uintas. Full of brookies and they are always hungry.[cool]
[signature]
No snakes were I was. last time I was up to middle fork I saw a couple blow snakes.