Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry 7/25-26
finally finished my last test for a week and decided to head up to strawberry to try and get into some kokes, but the fishing was great the catching wasn't so great. Yesterday and today I couldn't find the kokes until just as they shut down. I managed to catch a couple of middle sized ones just out from the dam about 300 yards or so by the hump out there, but I trolled all over into the narrows a way and out on both sides and the fishing was way slow even for cuts (I did manage 4 bows and 3 cuts with some decent size to the cuts from 18-21"). Maybe it was just me but I sure had hoped for better. I was trolling pink, orange, and hyper plaid rmt blades and switched between, orang and pink uv squids, orange serpent spoons, pink criplers and copper/orange, chartreuse, and orange criplers. Trolling speed was around 1.7-2.0. Does any one have any other advice I might try next time. After all the good reports last week I fully expected to slay them, and it was really tough fishing for me. Oh well it was a nice day anyway beautifull weather and not to much wind,
Jed Burton
[signature]