Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting better at it.
Looks like I'm getting better at this float tube fishing thing:o)
[signature]
Id say so.. that is a great looking fish [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thats what we Maine-ah's call a HAWG!!
[signature]
[#800000][size 2]If there are those size fish in the Otay Lakes I may have to make a point of coming down there and floating in that water for a bit one day.. [Smile][/size][/#800000]
[#800000][size 2][/size][/#800000]
[#800000][size 2]MacFly [cool][/size][/#800000]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]"Getting better" is a matter of perspective. I am sure that the poor fish you are holding by his lower jaw doesn't think of it in the same terms you do.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good work. It only gets better and better...unless you quit tubing and fishing. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
There be WAY BIGGER bass than the one I caught in BOTH Upper & Lower Otay lakes! I saw a 5 lb 3 oz bass caught about 15 feet from where I caught the one in the picture which was a little over 4 pounds. One guy told me he caught an 18+ pounder in the same general area that I fish on the lake and most of the other "tubers" have all caught several double digit bass there (I know because they have shown me the pictures). Upper Otay was the initial breeder lake for the Florida strain of LMB when they were imported here in So CA back in 1956 (I think it was around that time). I gotta start throwing some big swimbaits to try and get one of those hawgs but my 7" Cut Tail worms are catching me so many lately that it's hard to switch from a quantity to quality (i.e. BIG FISH) mode:o) I'd LOVE to hook me a DD bass and I think it's only a matter of time until I do.
[signature]
Being from the "Great White North" as some call it, your post reminds me of a song.

"California Dreamin"

God Bless,
Don
[signature]
Just give it time bro. They will come up.

I guess I need to invite you up to Castaic some day. We have some nice Bass toys up here too.

[inline 171.JPG]
[signature]