Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toray Line
Hello,
Has anyone used the new Japaneese Toray line? I purchased some flurocarbon and mono at the beginning of summer and the line seems to be great. If anyone is using it let me know what you have found out about it The flurocarbon fishes fine on a spinning reel. I hope this is usfull information. Thanks
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I did some research on Toray and Blackwater International, the line seems to be tested and proven. However, I have yet to find a flourocarbon line that will hold up to abrasion. Every flouro line that I've tried (P-Line, Vanish, Transition, Seaguar, etc.) has claimed to be abrasion resistant but after a few twigs it starts to have tiny frays in it. Much like split ends in a peice of hair (that's what my wife compared it to [blush]). How does the Toray flouro hold up against abrasion?
[signature]
The Toray line is a hollow braid and shock leader system.

I tried it out last year before they saturated the market with it.

The line got a high scoring review from many of us anglers that could use it on a daily basis.

The leader material thay they use can easily be substitued by any other flourcarbon or even any of the hybrid lines that are out there.

I like the fact that you don't have to tie so many knots when you change out your topshots and the fact that the saltwater doesn't break it down like many of the solid braided lines.

I give it 4 thumbs up out of 5 possible. It is not a bad investment but will set you back a couple of bucks to get started.[cool]
[signature]