Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largest living mule deer i have ever seen!
I hope these pics are atleast marginal. I took these photos tonight in the bottoms of Syracuse while i was hunting Eurasian collared doves. These 3 bucks are only a fraction of the bucks in this area. Now i just need to figure out how to kill this 36"er!!! He is 5X8 non-typ and the 2 others are 5X5's counting eye guards. There is also a 24" 3 point in the area that is close to 30" tall!!

EDIT:
Ok, so the pics didn't turn out very good and the big boy didn't turn his head just right but i will get some better pics in the next few days. The 2 little bucks next to him are 22" to 24" wide if that helps at all. Ask Hookjaw about the other bucks we saw last week.[Wink]
[signature]
Sweet! You should take a drive out on the east road of antelope island in the evening if you really want to see some piggys. I've seen a 40 incher out there!
[signature]
nice pictures. just makes your blood move alittle faster when you see nice bucks on the hoof. just a couple of weeks more and then the fun starts. [cool]
[signature]
30" tall 3 point ????? I would like to see a photo of him. Nice bucks. I hope you can get on them. There are alot of nice bucks on the shores of the GSL from Farminton to Brigham City. I know that quite a few show up on little mountain after the duck hunt starts and they get scared out of the marshes of Ogden Bay and Harold Crane. I will be chasing deer down south with the muzz and hope to see one that big!
[signature]
Your one of probably 5000 other people that have seen them and watch them each day. I am sure that there are many a stick flinger out there trying to figure out a way to get to them in a few weeks.
[signature]
The area is between two sub-divisions and the bucks are guarded daily by two undercover cops. Not to mention the hundreds of locals that watch them everyday.
There will be some idiots that try to pull it off, but it's really not worth it and not much of a hunt either.

Here's one that was shot last year down in the same general area. He wintered on Little mountain and Hooper was his summer range.
[inline "Hooper Buck.JPG"]
Here he is the year before on LM
[inline "Little mountain buck.JPG"]
[signature]
Wow, that is a nice buck, do you know how widet it was?
[signature]
So was this a legal kill or what? Why the painted face?
[signature]
Thats My nephew that shot that buck![cool]
[signature]
I hope you're kidding. [unimpressed]

That Buck was illegally killed last year.
[signature]
Pm me what you heard. Then I can tell you if its true or not. Without seeing his face, I am not 100% sure its him. Looks just like his deer though
[signature]