Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Friday Floatilla Postponed
[cool][#0000ff]We had planned a group tuber and tooner trip to Willard on Friday, but due to current muddy conditions and poor fishing reports I think we should postpone the outing until there have been a few days of settled weather.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Forecast for thunderstorms in the evening several nights this week. They usually bring strong winds and waves, which further muddy the water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For what it's worth, the wipers are acting like catfish right now. About the only guys catching many are fishing on the bottom with worms or minnows. And, most of the fish being caught are coming from water less than 10 feet deep. The water is too murky for wipers to find and chase shad.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
if it wernt for your wisdom tubedude i would have gone alone and got skunked. so i am up fo not getting skunked or blown around willard. so lets get the floatilla on another weekend. FISH ON!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Some of the best fishing of the year will begin toward the end of August. We will have plenty of time to plan a successful wiperama.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD any tentative dates for the postponement. IF not my i suggest the 22 of Aug.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I got it penciled in on my "dance card". But, by planning it that far in advance you are giving Mama Nature plenty of notice to cook up something to whack us with.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It will work for me, and hopefully others too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
With my luck in fishing this year if it is only a class 3 hurricane conditions it will be a good day.
[signature]
Darn ... I'll be in Arizona then! Leave a few for me to catch when I get home!
[signature]
who is invited to this shindig. I have a small inflatable boat I would like to bring and try with you guys.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Of course you would be welcome to join us. When we post a notice like this on the board, it is usually considered an invitation for anybody who wants to join us and can work it out.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sometimes TubeBabe and I like to just go by ourselves, but many of our trips are planned around one of the other members PMing us and asking to fish with us. We always enjoy meeting other members and helping show some of the things we have learned about the different species and different waters...especially while fishing from "floatation" craft. But, we are not proud. We will fish with boaters too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Is this outing still on? Trying to work out a day off to be there.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
[cool][#0000ff]Still planning on it. Friday, 8/22/08...subject to final 24 hour weather forecast. Looks good at this point...85 degrees, light breezes and partly cloudy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I plan to make a reconnaisance run early next week to check overall fishng conditions and will post a report.[/#0000ff]
[signature]