Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes I finally got some free time
I have been wrestling the yard for the past 4 weeks and it is coming to an end. I need to releve some stress. My brother in Iraq was wounded (two vertebre in his neck are cracked, we are crossing our fingers), my wife is pregnant and possibly diabetic (high risk pregnacy) amoung other things. Finally, the planets have aligned and I get to go out on Saturday. I was thinking of hitting the middle weber. I have not been at the fly bench for 6 months now so my fly stock is low. I am heading to sportsman's to pick some up. Someone want to PM me what is working this time of year? I would really appreciate it. I'll try to post pics if I catch anything. Everyone's help is much appreciated.

katghoti
[signature]
I was up in the Taggart Area couple weeks ago in the early AM before the innter tubers came down a BH Hares ear trailed by a yellow or cream color caddis fly dropper was doing well.
[signature]
The past two or three weeks the stones (golden, black) have worked well. Copper johns (the copper color) are working great. I have been fishing a two nymph system with a BH Pheasant Tail up top, or a lightning bug, followed by a copper john or one of the colored stoneflies below. Hopper or stimulator and a dropper have also worked well. There have been quite a few midge hatches still going on, so a small mating midge up top or a small BH black midge below is also good. Good luck.[Smile]
[signature]