Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small lake
I fish in a small lake in the Dallas area of Texas. I usually go there for catfish, and have managed to pull out alot of channels and a nice sized flathead. The problem is I cant seem to catch a bass. I go out there with a friend, and we bring a cast net along too(to catch catfish bait). On numerous occasions we have caught baby largemouths in the net. Recently, my friend caught a half-grown largemouth. Now that I'm SURE they are in there, does anyone suggest a bait for these bass (preferably artificial)? Oh, and there are a ton of shiners in the lake too.[fishin]

Thanks, Bassmasta
[signature]
1/4 oz. Rattletrap silverish white (hint of blue[cool]) side with small scales and a black top. I can't remember what the color is called. It is the "bleeding bait" series, something like Ice Shad or similar.
[signature]
cool, thaknks[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
On the next full moon try throwing out a topwater at night (Heddon Baby Spook) , I think it's this weekend. Cast out and let the ripples fade away then with a short stiff rod twitch it back to you with the rod pointed down. It will make it 'walk the dog' (zig zag) and every few twitches let it pause untill the ripples go away. Alot of times a bass will follow a topwater and watch it and when it pauses when it moves again they will strike. Just a suggestion, I hope it works out. This has worked for me at Lake Fork.
[signature]
Fish those Shiners under a bobber and you should get both cats and bass.
[signature]