Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Saturday (Report)
I met with WiperHunter2 and WiperSlayer at the boat ramp around 9:00. We headed over by the sunken island out from the dam. I couldn't find it until WH2 pointed out the safety bouy about another 150 yards out from where I was looking. Yeah, I know that lake real well??? Anyway, the surface was at 46.2 degrees just off of the boat ramp. We scanned the sand bar off Juniper Point with no fish showing, so we headed into Knight Hollow (Duchesne river inlet). We still did not mark any fish, but decided to try for a while anyway. After a couple of hours, and about the same number of what were thought to be bites, we changed the plan and headed for the other end of the lake. We were marking something along the bottom that looked to be fish in cover. We fished them hard and heavy. We tried just about every color of jig, and all kinds of lures. After another few hours, and a little weather on and off, we noticed a boat that appeared to have a purpose. He pulled into the bay, checked one spot, then shot over to another, looked for a monent, and anchored. We decided to ask er uh beg for help. He let us know that he is a Bass tourney guy, but had caught 2 walleye a while ago. Of course, they were caught about 150-200 yds from where we started teh day off. He caught them during the hour or so that the sun decided to show up and the wind died off. We tried under the bridge and trolled along the far wall across from the boat ramp before venturing back to Knight Hollow. Still no bites. Fished along the dam on the way back to the ramp with no results either. The surface ended up around 47.6 degrees, and we ended up with no fish.

It was great to get to spend time with WH2 and WS. I would highly reccomend them to anyone for partners for a day. Good conversation, good knowledge, good people. I hope that they trust me to try again later in the year when I know that the fish will be a little more cooperative with my fishing style and tactics. we'll see during the tourney. Hope to see all of you out here.
[signature]
Thanks for the Report. Sorry that you guy's didn't get any. It was a rough day in the basin for me on Saturday too. I spent 5hrs in my tube on my favorite bass pond with only 1 rainbow. Maybe next time. [Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
Thanks for the kind words Curtisfish, we will chase those fish again, I promise, but the next time you need to come over here. I owe you and the next time we get together those fish will pay. Thanks for the great day on the water. WH2
[signature]