Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Creek ???
Has anybody heard of Red Creek Reservoir ??? I guess near Fruitland ??? Were the heck is Fruitland ??? I buddy of mine at work camped up there and said the fishing was awesome. Was wondering if anybody fished up there and were is Red creek ?
[signature]
fruitland is west of Strawberry reservoir off of highway 40. red creek reservoir is north of Fruitland. Just head north on upper red creek rd off of highway 40 and it will take you all the way to the reservoir.

hounddog
[signature]
Sweet thanks for the reply gonna try to head this weekend with the fams anybody have any advise of what works fishing up there
[signature]
Are you going to be from boat or shore. It's not a real big reservoir but you can get a small boat out there and slay the slimers. From shore the typical stuff works, water bobbers, I think that's what they're called, with a worm or Powerbait.
I stopped by there a little while ago and the morning surface action was crazy.
[signature]
[quote Hounddog]fruitland is west of Strawberry reservoir off of highway 40. red creek reservoir is north of Fruitland. Just head north on upper red creek rd off of highway 40 and it will take you all the way to the reservoir.

hounddog[/quote]

Sorry, but one will be looking a long time if they try "west of Strawberry reservoir". It is east of Strawberry reservoir several miles on down Highway 40 past the turn off to Currant Creek Reservoir.
[signature]
Sweet thanks for heads up well most likely be chucking bait from the shore maybe some day all get a real boat[cool]

Thx for the direction correction would of sucked if we went west [Image: happy.gif] Printed out a map from google hopefully we find it [Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
Be carefull if it rains. That road is some of the worst mud I've ever been in when it's wet.
Red clay and slippery as a fresh caught slimmer!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
[quote crankem]Be carefull if it rains. That road is some of the worst mud I've ever been in when it's wet.
Red clay and slippery as a fresh caught slimmer!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I still have some of that red clay in my driveway from my trip earlier this summer. My boat would still be up there if I didn't have four-wheel drive on my Suburban.
[signature]
OK so we finally made it to Red Creek Reservoir, What a nightmare Everything started off so nice, Wifey remember to set the auto setting on the cofee maker so I had nice hot coffee in the morning, Gas was only 3.87 [Wink] a Gallon and the weather was nice out. Then the Nightmare starts First I accidentally left my printed google maps were else in the printer. Got stuck in traffic due to contstruction in Uintah Canyon Then missed the turn off to Red Creed Rd took the Strawberry River\Pinnacles Exit (there a sign that says red creek next to it [Image: angry.gif]) drove down that road for about half an hour and came to the conclusion were not in kansas any more todo by the way that back road goes forever [:p]... After flipping U and backing tracking we finally made it to the Reservoir Parked on the side of the reservoir and chucked everything we had in our tackle boxes. Started with power bait ... nothing, then worms... nothing then a worm and a marshmallow yep nothing them salmon eggs, then fly under a water bobble you guess it NOTHING. So we decided to bag it and head to Current Creek but no the fishing gods wanted to purify me[Image: bobwink.gif]... As I was pulling out and trying to back around a pile of rocks I slid into a really soft spot next to the lake and yep got stuck in the mud

So spent the next 2 hours trying to get unstuck, Reverse then Drive, Reverse then drive That only got me more stuck tried to get some help from a couple camping up there but no luck said he didnt have a tow strap or chain[frown]. So I started to Shovel rocks and dirt under the tires that got me into a better position to pull out but the mud was just to slick. Grabbed my hatchet was head up the mountain on foot to chop some tress for traction when the fishing gods felt pitty on me and I came accross 2 flat boards ( Thank You Ol Fishing Gods [angelic]) shoved those boards under the tires and off I went... But Wait.. it couldnt be that easy cause by buddy accdently left his pole on the grount and yep it now has a goodyear print accross the reel and snaped in several pieces [Image: sad.gif][Image: dumb.gif][pirate] What a fun day Smile
[signature]
I had a similair affair at Red Creek the last time I was up there. My buddy and I decided to make a latenight voyage to Red Creek to camp out. We were goging to just camp on the "beach" near the water.
We are driving down towards the lake slowly......no water......no water...........WATER!!! we stopped about 6 feet from the shoreline only to realize we were thoroughly stuck in the thick mud. After trying unsuccesfuly to get free we called it a night.
Woke up to the sound of rain on the tent, lots of rain.
The mud had just been saturated and we were far worse off then the previous night.
Decided to just do some fishing and figure it out later, but the fish must have been in on the "screw these two idiots" game that the fishing gods cooked up cause they werent bitin'.
After several hours and two jerks covered in mud, we were free.
But once on the highway we had a bad shimmy from the rear tires. We thought maybe we had bent an axel or something. Drove the whole way back to SLC going 50 mph only to discover at homer that the inside of the wheel was just full of mud.................[crazy]
[signature]