Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Hunt is over
MRS . CRESTLINER and myself ended our archery hunt for elk early this year, sure helped that we didn't have to put up with 5 days of deer hunters prior to the elk opener. Mom killed her bull (Spike) Sat. morning and I took my cow Weds. morning. We were pleased to have our youngest daughter fly in from Maryland to spend the week with us. I'll try to attach some cell phone snaps of our elk. They were both 1 1/2 year olds all though some of the" self proclaimed biologist" on this site seem to disagree with the OLD MAN'S words of wisdom. No matter what ever we are still eating nice tender young elk.[:p]
[signature]
Nice job on filling the freezer. I bet it was a fun hunt especially with havin the daughter fly in. Did she help ya pack it out?
[signature]
Great job, wow, now i am waiting till rifle season is all and i hope to fill my freezer.........
[signature]
Yes she did help pack meat and is going to take some fresh elk back to Maryland with her. I bone our meat at the kill site so it helps lighten the loads by quite a bit. The wife and I still have archery deer tags and may try them on the extended hunt. Seems to be lots of critters in the Mts. this year.
[signature]
Nice work! Those will be some great eatin' animals.
[signature]
They look like 1 1/4 year olds to me [cool]

I can't believe that you're still not over that Deseret post. Lighten up dude!
[signature]
NO comment[:p]
[signature]
Why not?
You should just send me a PM and get it off your chest because you keep bringing it up in every post and reply that you make.
I'm not a "Self Proclaimed Biologist", and I know that you guided for Deseret and that you know a lot about the property and the habits of the animals on the property. I don't disrespect you at all, I just stated my opinions based on the information I got from biologists, maps, and range studies. So if there's something you want to say, say it already!
I'm a big boy, I can take it[Wink]
[signature]
Nice work! The only bad thing is your done elk hunting! So, what was the story? Long hike, stalk, shot, etc?
[signature]
I'll send you a PM. [cool]
[signature]
Good on you and Mrs Crestliner! Good to hear that your daughter was able to come out and join you both. Enjoy those steaks.
[signature]
Wow you weren't messing around this year now I just might have to hire you as a guide for the rest of the year. I am heading out this weekend to look for some elk myself. Congratulations on feeling the freeze up this fall.
[signature]
Great job Pete. You came through as allways. I expected nothing less [Wink] Tell the wife congrats.
[signature]
Thanks for the kind words Rog, I sent you a PM. You and Deb have a great season this fall, and I'll expect a cup of coffee when we go thru Riverton in Nov. on our hunting trip.[Wink]
[signature]