Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ash Meadow
Hey guys I talked with a few friends a work and they tell me that Ash Meadow has some small mouth bass. I fished there several years ago but caught an old shoe. No fish. I wonder if the stocked [size 1]lately[/size] or not. It is located just out of Paharump, NV. Any info on this site.

Nighthawk
[signature]
i found this on the net . . . doesnt say anything about fishin' boo-hoo!

[url "http://desertcomplex.fws.gov/ashmeadows/quickfacts.htm"]http://desertcomplex.fws.gov/ashmeadows/quickfacts.htm[/url]

[li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Established: June, 18 1984.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Acres: 22,117 acres located in Nye County, NV.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Location: The refuge is located approximately 30 miles west of Pahrump, Nevada. Travel to the Refuge from Pahrump on Bell Vista Road, turning north at the refuge sign. From Las Vegas, take Highway 95 North to Nevada Highway 160, go south past the town of Crystal, Nevada and follow signs to the refuge.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]The refuge was established to protect Federally listed endangered plant and animal species.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]The refuge provides habitat for at least 24 plants and animals found nowhere else in the world.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Refuge habitat consists primarily of spring-fed wetlands and alkaline desert uplands.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]The refuge supports two refugia populations of Devils Hole pupfish. These were established in the event of a catastrophe occuring at Devils Hole.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]The refuge is in the habitat restoration stage and will remain so for many years.[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Primary public use at the refuge consists of wildlife observation, hunting in the fall, and picnicking.[/size][/font] [/li]

sm
[signature]