Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free day to float...
[size 3]Wife had plans and went with her friends for the day and I had the whole morning and part of the afternoon to bum around.[/size]
[size 3]Got the tube, fins and fishing rods and took off for my favorite lakes. Nobody was at the first lake and all mine! Lake was cramey coffee color, I was wondering why it was like that. Fish around that part, no fish....and went thur a narrow opening into an other lake and found it was more clear. Caught bigger bluegills then all bass but nothing big to tell about. Quit at noon as I got hungery and got some lunch at Subway then went back to another lake to try. My plan was hop from lake to lake to see what is in there.[/size]
[size 3]Normally I don't fish those lakes too close to the roads as it has small openings so bank fisherperson would take those spots. You are limit on fishing in those spots. Nice to have the float tubes for that. While I got in or out everyone who drives by stops hard and jumps out to come up close to me to see the craft. They were all awed by the looks and ask so many questions on it. No wonder they all never see us tubers as we go way back deep in the area to fish where there are no roads to it.[/size]
[size 3]No fish caught in the last lake and I gave up and was finning back, another boater was leaving the area and came close to me and all five guys had their eyes glued to what I was doing. At the ramp they all came up to me asking more question on it.[/size]
[size 3]Oh boy next time I'm staying away from those lakes that are close to the roads...[/size]
Monday morning went to work and wonder why my legs were sore![Smile][Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like a great tubing day. That is one of the big appeals of tubing...you can load up and hit several spots in a day without a lot of muss and fuss.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I guess there are still some areas of the country where float tubes are not common enough to no longer be a novelty. Here in Utah you see them everywhere and they are considered to be a standard way of fishing. Maybe I can take some credit for some of that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, if you don't want to attract so much attention you should wear clothes the next time you go tubing. (Joke)[/#0000ff]
[signature]