Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report
Fished willard from around 5:00 P.M till around 9:00. Started out over by the feed lot. Caught 2 medium size youngsters ( wipers ), and had two very violent strikes that broke my 12# line. Was trowing a 4" white grub on a 1/4 ounce green jig head on a colorado spinner set up. Slow rolled it on the bottom. Wind really kicked up about 7 so we slipped into the north marina and mingled with the shore anglers and caught 2 nice crappies. Wind died down about 8 so we headed back out on the lake to the island had some strikes but no hook ups and headed back home. Headed down to pelican this weekend, anyone else gonna be down there?
[signature]
I think I might be. It will be my first trip there. Have you fished it before? If so, I would appreciate any pointers. Thanks and good report on Willard. Fishing should start really heating up in the next few weeks.
[signature]
I'm glad to hear that report Scooter with strikes like that, the wipers must be getting active. What was the water temp and how fast were you trolling? WH2
[signature]
WATER TEMP<WATER TEMP<WATER TEMP.

Need to know,please give us the water temp.LOL

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
61.5 in the north marina and 59 over by the feed lot
[signature]
Water temps ranged from 61.5 to 59 degrees. Wasn't trolling I was cast to the bank. Had a good north west breeze beatin the waves on the south shores.
[signature]
This will be our first time down too. Probabaly head down thursday night and fish till sunday night. I hope we can get a room in Vernal or Roosevelt. You boat or bank fishing?
[signature]
I will either take my bass boat up, or my pontoons. How about you?
[signature]
We will be either in a red Gambler with a mariner 220 on it or a Blue Gambler with a Suzuki 200 on it depending on if we take my boat or my buddies boat or both if a few more guys come along. They say its a big pond to try to find the good spots in a tube if you have never been down there. Might want to take your boat so you can explore all the lake you can huh.
[signature]
I think I will take my Nitro up there to cover the water. If I make it up I will look for you guys. It's a good drive up there, but what the hell?
[signature]