Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backpacking reccomendations
Howdy all. I'm looking to get in one last great fishing trip before school once again takes over my life. The 3 most important things I'm looking for are 1) big fish, 2) less than (or close to) 10 mile long hike, and 3) not a lot of people. #3 will probably be a compromise as I plan on going this holiday weekend.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated and I'd be happy to tie up a few of my favorite flies for the info.

Thanks in advance.
Boulder mountains in southern utah, large brookies, not sure about the amount of people this time of year but i am sure if you are willing to hike a little you can find solitude...
[signature]
Red Castle in the Uintah's. I haven't personally been there but have talked to tons of people that have and they all said huge fish for up there. 18"-20" are pretty common. That was last year though and I haven't checked into it this year. The hike is about 14 miles. A little longer than most but if the fishing is as good as they say...
[signature]
I'd think twice about Red Castle this weekend as it looks like it could be snowing [Sad]there before the weekend is over.
[signature]
Boulders period- camped on the mountain all last week- be back again in 3 weeks.
[signature]
Your right! I just heard the weather today. If it snows up that high that could be it for access until next year.
[signature]
I was actually thinking about Red Castle this weekend. I went up there several years ago and it was a blast - loooong hike though. The weather this week scared me out of the high country. Looks like it might just be a day hike into a lake now.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
[signature]