Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irresistable Rig
[Image: happy.gif]

So.. everyone's seen Bass sitting stagnant in the heat under shade or during spawning periods where nothing interests them at all.

Whats your bait to get them on the hooks during this?

I use a live nightcrawler rigged like a plastic worm without the weight to wake them up. Sure you risk a pesky bluegill attempting to grab it but 9 times out of 10, the bass beats the perch.

Just curious if anyone has any good lures or techniques for these times.
[signature]
I have been using the River2sea Nest Raiders just for times like that. They work well during the hot times of the day and slay during the spawn.[cool]
[signature]
Frogs in the pads have worked for us these past weeks. Not many, two of three but nice size.
[signature]
I like using a texas rigged worm in a natural color. I've had the best luck with a pumpkin seed worm with a chartruese tail. I like rigging it with a 1/8th or a 3/16th oz tungsten bullet weight. Try fishing it in 3 to 8 feet of water around some type of cover like stumps or trees and work it slow and shake your rod tip.

If your not getting bites I would try a bluegill color jig (or whatever kind of baitfish you have in the lake) and match it with a strike king ragetail chunk and try pitching it or swimming it around cover.

Hope this helps!
[signature]
I like using a shaky head jig with any worm that has a good floating tail that dances around at the slightest movement.
Ps if you can see them they can see you and if there high pressured bass then you got to get sneaky on them.
[signature]
In lakes or reservoirs where fish on beds have most likely already been caught or already had several lures purposed I like to throw baits that most likely the other guy or gal isn't.
One of my favorites which I know isn't the most unpopular bait would be a 4 inch tube ...... But it isn't just the tube or the color that brings me success it is the way I rig it that makes the difference. I take a weightless 4 inch tube and weedless texas rig it with a red 2/0 gammy, I then take and precisely pinch a hole on the under side of tube just big enough to let water in at the twitch of the rod after casting, making the bait naturally flutter to the bed below. One thing about this rig is that if you place the hole just right the bait will release a flutter of bubbles right after sinking, a lot of the time triggering a quick reaction bite.
Anyways this truly is one of my favorite patterns to use all year long. [cool]
[signature]
That's a good idea. I'm going to have to try that, welcome to the board BassDuder.
[signature]
If you want a lot of bubbles to come out of your tube, I know Berkley made these bubble up pellets that you put inside the tube and it disolves and lets out bubbles constantly and looks great in the water. I'm not sure if they still make them now, but I have a whole bag full of them and they seem to get a lot more bites than without.
[signature]
It is not really the bubbles rather than the combo of the bait twitching, bubbling and then sinking that I believe tends to trigger that reaction bite. But none the less effective, especially when fishing in shallow water with lots of cover.
[signature]
I reccomend Chatterbait! I like the ones with little frogheads on them. For added effect I throw away the tiny little trailer-feet and add some salted trailers that are 3-4 times as big. Smile Bigger bait=bigger fish right? Lol.
[signature]
I learned this from some kids walking back home from the lake with a stringer of bass they could hardly carry. They were catfishing but kept seeing bass on the spawning beds. They didn't know any better so they threw chicken livers at them. Those bass didn't want no bloody slimy C-livers on their nests. Works so good it shouldn't be legal...
[signature]