Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
henry's lake
Hello everyone, I'm going on a fishing trip in about a week with Henry's being my ultimate destination, ill be bringing my boat for some trolling and am just looking for some tips or techniques for the area, mainly henry's. I have a few of the rivers in the area but have never been to henry's, any help would be much appreciated.
[signature]
Fish cop told me yesterday Henrys has slowed down last two weeks. I havent been over there. No hatches on Henrys Fork or Madison. Fish down under. 28 degrees this morning. Take a coat.
[signature]
Stop in at BS flies on your way up. Water temps have cooled down and if you find fish you could do great.
[signature]
Thanks, sounds good. What do you guys usually use trolling on the lake? Have any other favorite spots between Henry's and california?
[signature]
I am heading up there this week.
But my feelings on H is it is not known as a quantity lake (which it DID turn out to be early season this year anyway) But rather a QUALITY lake.
Don't know about you but once I have landed that 28" trough 35" I don't care if I catch anything else[laugh] Unless it is a 36"![laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
If you are trolling there are only a few channels that you can troll without hanging up every few minutes in the weeds. As the water temp drops and the weeds die back the lake will open up more.

Read BS Flies book about Henry's Lake to see where the open trolling lanes are at this time of year.

Windriver
[signature]
If you don't do well at Henry's go out to Trudes Bay on Island Park Res. We have been doing real well at both places just setting still with marshmallow and worms . But Island Park is better for trolling . Trolling with panther martins has been good , and yellow has been the hot color , or silver . Good luck , I will be fishing Henry's in the mornings Friday and Saturday and Island Park in the afternoon .
[signature]
I swear its been a quantity lake all year![laugh]
[signature]
Hey Curt, we will be on Henrys Saturday in the after noon. Look for the two 11 1/2' Bananas and the Chili Pepper[Wink]
[signature]
slofish5: Hey nephew. Glad you made it onto the forum. Looks like good information already. Best of luck at Henrys. If you guys have a finder on the boat it should help locate the channels. The tackle store in Ashton is a good place to ask any last minute questions. Email photos! Uncle T.
[signature]
I have all the electronics but ill try to get a map as well. Has anyone ever fished Flaming Gorge for macks/lake trout?
[signature]
If you post this on the utah board I'm sure you will get tons of info
[signature]
Alright, thanks
[signature]
Last Friday we landed 25 fish . The biggest was 6 pounds . Saturday we only landed 5 , the wind made it hard to fish . Everyone one we talked to was catching fish . The lake is full of fish and the water temp. was 60 degrees . Its just going to keep getting better .
[signature]
We were off the lake about noon Saturday . To much wind , we went over to Trudes Bay . Maybe next time we will meet . Good Luck and Good Fishing . Curt G.
[signature]
hey just got up to henry's today i was gonna try fishing tomorrow afternoon. i think there is a storm coming in friday, anyone know how the lake does after some poor weather?
[signature]
I am watching the news and they are saying there is a storm coming that way this afternoon . Winds to 25 mph . If your going , get out early . Good Luck . Curt G.
[signature]
Finally got out with Everett today. The morning was TERRIBLE! Rain, Cold and WIND! But we went anyway. Left Baxter in the Truck cause I know he would have froze.
I did net three this morning but I do owe all the thanks to Everett. He hook and netted the first then shared what he was using. Well, I put a variation of the fly in same colors and it worked!
The cold SNAP moved in up here the day we arrived and it has Sadly effected the fishing.
I know storms are ideal for lakes but this one, well these are FAIR WEATHER fish, or the cold snap was such a difference in water temp for them, over night.
Not catching the big numbers, but catching some QUALITY fish.
Got this evening and tomorrow still....WAHOO!

I will have some pixs when I get home.

FG
[signature]
Fished Henrys last Saturday and from 7:45 until the wind came up at 9:15 fishing for large brook trout with a Lt. Olive Crystal at Targhee Creek was very good. Once again the wind stopped the fishing. But had a great time.
[signature]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050] Joni, you should buy a place on Henry's as much as you have been there this year... [Wink] and then...I could come and stay there with you guys and teach you how to troll...[laugh][/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]On a serious note, I always fish the opener there and have been in some helacious storms, wind, lightning, rain, sleet, hail and snow, all the time while a bug hatch is going on! Makes for a buggy wet mess on the boat. During those storms, while hanging on for dear life, it seems that the bite picks up for me. Most boats run for cover, but I fish through it and do really well. Just have to be careful. You know how that shallow lake gets giant rollers when the wind blows.[/#000050]
[#000050]Post some more pics of the big ones and best of luck catching the 38" !![/#000050]
[signature]