Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howards slew
I just recently moved to clinton and planned on hunting the slew this fall. I have never been there befor and wanted some advice as to the layout of the area. I have looked on google maps but still not sure of the terrain. Also does anyone know when they open the gate? Any help is appreciated!
[signature]
They will open the gate 2 weeks before the youth hunt and then it never closes until the end of the hunts. There are 2 main ponds that people hunt on and if you have some energy there is many areas to explore and get some fantastic shooting. If you are any good with dekes, go south or north along the cattails and set-up with a double lane spread leading into you. If you just pass shoot, the south pond all along the west side and the west side of the north pond is good. An occasional goose and swans are to be had too. I hunt the slough a bunch. maybe i can hook up with you and show you around.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the advise!! Just let me know when your going and I will do my best to be there! thanks again!
[signature]
i get out there quite a bit myself seeing that it is close, i have had pretty good success on flybys and decoying ducks but, it can get pretty crowded out there. the north pond has treated me good. most of the guys access on the south part and hang out on the dike that splits the the two bigger south ponds and it seems they shoot alot more. late in the season i have seen lots of geese using that area if it doesn't freeze hard. If your way dedicated you can walk way west and get out on the flats of the salt lake.
[signature]
I just moved to Clinton as well, do you think you could show me around Howard Slough too, Brody? [img]../../../images/gforum/cool.gif[/img] After we get back from elk hunting of course.
[signature]
Dang! I'm salivating?

Only 18 days tell my Youngest gets to shoot his first duck of the season.[Wink]

Brody.I will let you know how the spot looks on the 20th.
[fishin].

Good luck to everyone on this years hunts.
[signature]
Sounds good Tony![Smile]
[signature]
shure[:p]
[signature]