Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Grouse opener results
Headed up the mountain this morning with Tyler (Flycastin) and hit up a spot i had been looking at. We hiked about 2 miles to the top of a trail and spotted the first blue of the morning. I took a shot at it as it glided down the canyon toward Tyler, Tyler put that to an end pretty quick and dumped his first big blue.
We continued down the ridge and jumped another blue in some sage brush. I took care of him and we had two grouse in the bag. After that we hiked about 2 more miles and didn't see crap (Well... I guess we saw some deer crap). After hiking down the whole ridge, we headed for the truck ready to call it a day. Tyler unloaded his gun and I kept a few in just for fun. About 200 yards from the truck we jumped a little group of 3 and I dumped one while Tyler loaded up and took the other two.
We ended up with 5 birds total and had a great time. Not a bad opener [Wink]
[inline "Tylers 1st Grouse (Inline).JPG"]
[inline "Tylers Blue (Inline).JPG"]
[inline "Matt's Big blue (Inline).JPG"]
[signature]
Glad you guys got some.[cool]
[signature]
Nice work on finding some blues to bag. Looks like some great country.
[signature]
Had a great time! Those blues sure are fun to hunt. Nothing like getting the crap scared out of you when they take off from underneath your feet.. LOL [:p]

Matt made a great shot on a flyer that had just about made it to the safety of some of the thickest crap on the mountain.

Can't wait to get out and do it again! [cool]
[signature]