Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loaded weapons with a CFP
I think this has come up before, so I thought I would share some info from the state. It has been previously discussed about carrying a loaded (concealed or not) weapon in/on a vehicle while out and about. If I remember right most of the consensus was that if you have a Concealed Firearm Permit, you can have a loaded concealed weapon on/in your possession, however I just renewed my CFP and here is a word for word quote from the letter about the exemptions that should clear the matter up. (begin quote) "A concealed firearm permit only exempts you from Subsection 76-10-504(1)(a), 1(b), Utah code Annotated, Carrying Concealed Firearms". Section 76-10-505, Utah code Annotated, carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle or on the street". (end quote)

So there you have it from the proverbial horses mouth. You can carry ANY loaded weapon in your car, wheeler, boat, buggy, rickshaw, scooter, motorcycle, bicycle, or PWC, if you have a valid CFP.
[signature]
I've had a permit for years which allows me to carry a pistol during the archery hunt as long as it remains concealed, under a coat, in a backpack etc. We contend with a few bears where we elk hunt so I pack one just in case I have to argue with one that may have decided to claim my elk or deer for their own. I wouldn't want to kill one, just fire a shot or two to spook him off.
[signature]