Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setting the hook on a top water
this is the as close as i can get to the same lure [url "http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_50320_100005003_100000000_100005000_100-5-3the"]http://www.basspro.com/...100005000_100-5-3the[/url] only difference is that it doesnt have spinner in the back it has a weight anyways i have missed three good hits in the past 2 days but this is the first time i have used this type of lure how do i set the hook on the bait thanks
[signature]
Don't set the hook until you feel the weight of the fish in your rod. Most of the time they will hook themselves if your speed is right. Don't pause after a strike and never set the hook when you see the fish. Hope this helps.
[signature]
by the way im fishing for bass
[signature]
When fishing topwaters you have to be ready. It still makes me jump sometimes[Smile]. When a bass hits my topwater I can usually tell if it has gone under by watching my line. I will reel in the slack and set the hook, this is only a matter of seconds. When reeling in the slack sometimes the lure will pop back up if the bass didn't take it. I will work the immediate area and then reel it in and throw out a senko on another rod. Works almost everytime.
[signature]
is your senko wacky style or texas rigged? thanks
[signature]
If what LH2 doesn't work for you, then the bass are just coming up and slapping it. Fsh4fun has the trick. Follow up with a weightless senco. You got him interested, now finish it off. I've used this trick when the won't commit to a spinnerbait as well.
[signature]
I'll use both but I always have a weightless texas rigged senko ready.
[signature]
i have a hard time fising with senkos in the first place because i am not used to weightless or finesse fishing is so if you dont mind me asking how do i fish a wacky rig weightless
[signature]
I rig my senkos on medium action baitcasting rod, 10# test with a reel with a 5.3:1 gear ratio. Both t-rigged and wacky. You can use a spinning rod as well but that's another topic.
When fishing wacky rigged senkos I will take a rubber o-ring that fits snug on the senko and roll it to the middle of it. (I use Gamakatsu G-lock hooks but there other hooks you can use.) Instead of hooking the senko, slide the hook in between the o-ring and the senko. This will save you $, I guarantee it. Senkos can tear easily wacky rigged. I like fishing the wacky rig when they are picky, I will let it sink around 5-10' near brush or a tree and then shake it upwards 3-4' and let it free fall watching my slack. Typically, they hit it on the drop.
[signature]
About the most fool-proof way to set a hook on a topwater lure is to only use your reel and wind into the fish. This is slow enough to allow the fish to get that lure into its mouth and start to swim down with it. Some times I don't even watch and just let the fish pull the rod down. They are usually pretty aggresive on the topwater. Another secret is to double up on the split rings attaching the hooks to the lure.
[signature]
Yeah, the biggest mistake you can make is jerking the rod straight up when you see the fish strike. 9 times out of 10 you will pull the lure away from the fish. Let him strike it and turn away. At that point, he's usually hooked but you can give a tug and make certain he is.
[signature]
thank's for tip
[signature]