Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Cache Bull
Here is a couple pics of the bull I killed this morning!! I have never killed and elk bigger then a cow or spike this was a real treat!!
[signature]
Nice bull for your first branched antler bull, great job.... how far away was he when you shot? What did you use?? Congrats.....
[signature]
Great looking bull Jamie, congratulations. Looks like you were able to drive right up to it, must be nice. Did you get it close to your Dads place?
[signature]
Congrats on a nice bull, I wish mine could come out that easy, they are always on my back in a pack frame, he should make a great mount.
[signature]
Nice Bull!
Did you shoot it in a field???
[signature]
Very nice man. Looks like that bad boy was hangin' out down low. Congrats on taking a really good bull.
[signature]
WOW!!! Congrats on a great bull, he's going to look great on your wall !!!! Looks like he was ruttin pretty hard by all the mud on him... would like to here more of the story ?
[signature]
Congrats!!!! What a great bull!!!
[signature]
Looks like a canned hunt to me! Just kidding man, awesome bull. I know how some of those elk are in that area. We need more details though.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice Bull Jamie. Gonna have to crack a few cold ones and have ya tell me the story sometime.
[signature]
Very Nice Jaime. Good for you. I cant wait till I get my chance at a nice one like that. 13 points. Should hopefull y be in the next few years.
[signature]
Nice Bull!
Looks like it was easy hiking in to get that bad boy[Wink]
Just messin with ya,like all the other's I would like the story on this big guy.
Congrat's fnf[cool]
[signature]
All I have to say is right place right time!!You got to love when they like to hang out in the creek bottoms[Wink]!! I shot it straight west of Newton Dam. It was wheat,corn and alfafa fed. The best part he was standing in a hay field when I shot him. 300 yds from the road. first shot lungs he took off quartering away just missed the right rear quarter and got his liver then I cow called and he stopped and the last one just above the front shoulder then he was done! It was one tough critter 3 good shots from a 338 Win Mag. Called my buddy and he brought his tractor over and we loaded it in my truck whole! Had it skinned and caped by noon and the head to the taxidermist by 2! It was worth waiting 14 years! Now a 30" buck for the muzzy hunt that would be a perfect season[sly]! Thanks for all the comments!! And yes Chad a couple cold ones for sure!![blush]
[signature]
Nice bull indeed. I'm going to show my lack of being the great hunter but what hunt is this? I saw two six point bulls on a flatbed last weekend in Duchesne. I figured archery but I must be wrong.
[signature]
All of the LE rifle hunts started last weekend, before that it was LE archery. He took his with a rifle I beleive onthe North Cache LE.

Hey Muskyhunter,
Any thoughts on the score of that bad boy? After talking to a few guys, I was thinking in the 360s. Awesome bull!!!
[signature]
This is a nice Bull. I too would be interested in what he scores. Very tuff to to tell from these pics. Based on what the pics show, I am guessing more like 330 area.
[signature]
Hard to tell without a picture of how wide he is. I was originally thinking about 340, but a freind pointed out that his tine length is great and his mass is also reallly good. After adding up all of our estimates, I think he is over 350 and I would venture to say (As previously mentioned) that he may be in the 360s.
Maybe Switchback will chime in and give us a score. He stares at monster bulls all the time and can score pretty good.
[signature]
He measures right at 360! He only has a few deductions on his fifth point is 1" shorter then the other and main beam is 53" and the other 51"! And great mass all the way up!
[signature]