Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a scope
Yep, lookin' for a scope. I have an old remington pump 30-06 (1967 125th anniversary) that my Grandfather gave to me. It's a great gun but I'm looking for more clarity than the current scope that's on it. It is a 3x9, I'd have to get into the safe to check what brand but I'm pretty sure it's out-dated.
If I could keep it under $200 my better half wouldn't even notice. I hardly ever shoot it, one deer hunt maybe an elk hunt and some target practice before.
I'm not the great white hunter but I would like a decent scope, nitrogen filled, caps, anti-fog(does that exist?).
I know from reading the posts that there are hunters that know their stuff so I thank you in advance.
[signature]
If you stick with 3X9 you can get a pretty decent scope for that price. I'd watch the classifieds and KSL, where you can pick up a gently used Leupold for 200 or less. The VXII or VXIII is the way to go there. My personal preference for the 30-06 would be a 4X12 though. Nikon makes great optics as well, so don't discount them. Make sure you stay away from anything that retails for less than 100 bucks as they are junk.
[signature]
Brandon's right, can't go wrong with a leupold. I'll keep an eye out for ya. Looks like you're getting ready for our elk hunt eh?
[signature]
Look at these. might be something worth a look for you.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231&cat=405
[signature]
You know it! Thanks for the info. guys.
[signature]
I agree with Theekillerbee, Nikon makes some great scopes and are a great value for your dollar, especially the Buckmaster series. You can get them online for under $200 some as low as $160 shipped. Save yourslef $40-$50 and buy it online instead of Cablea's or Sportsmans.
[signature]