Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carp fishing
I live in Centerville and would like to find a real close place where carp are plentiful, close to shore. I'd like to bring some scouts fishing for them. Suggestions anyone?
[signature]
They're a ga-zillion in Ut. L, Pinview N. end shallows and Willard ( S. end), lot's of times just sucking on the surface but the problem is the catching.[shocked] They are way smarter than ya think.
[signature]
Farmington Bay canals and ponds are full of them. There are some monsters in there.[Wink]
[signature]
[quote lunkerhunter2]Farmington Bay canals and ponds are full of them. There are some monsters in there.[Wink][/quote]
That's the honest truth.. small creeks, but full of big ol carp(15+ years ago anyway).. Bring a pitchfork!

As a teenager, we called one of our favorite spots "Carp Creek" We took our prom dates there (Yes, it was part of the prom date during the day) to check it out with us.. Needless to say, they were really impressed that we would go there and shoot carp. That's how you impress a girl![Wink]

We actually explained to them how we sneak up on them and shoot em.. had them walk down the side with us and watch all the spooked carp. MAN, THEY LOVED IT! I know they were thinking.. "These guys sure know whats up when it comes to planning a cool date! They're AWESOME!"
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You only THOUGHT that was their real reaction. You should have heard what they told the other girls when they were away from you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Any guy who claims to understand women...or carp...will lie about other things too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But...Farmington bay is definitely a carp-rich environment.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I talked to Glen Hansen, supervisor for that Farmington Bay area. He said no fishing or spearing anywhere around there. Thanks anyway.
[signature]
[indent]How do you get to some of these farmington bay canals?
[/indent]
[signature]
Harold Crane, west of Willard used to hold tons of nice carp. We used to shoot them with our bows. Another place is on the Bear River by the bird refuge in Corrine.
[signature]
We took a scout troop to the bear river by Corrine last week. Fishing was slow. There were 8 fisherman, besides us. From what I could see. 2 people caught may 3 small cats. We caught 3 ourselves. There were carp surfacing but we never got any. Had we had a bow we could've got one that was next to shore. Next year when we go, we'll plan better. We probably would've done better all with carp and catfish if we got away from the Corrine parking lot and walked north abit.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I just got back from fishing at Willard. The carp are stacked up next to shore on both sides of the north marina. (see pic)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Try free fishing a piece of floating bread with a hook just offshore. You can also hang a piece of dough a foot or two under a small bobber. And...believe it or not...a green pea on a salmon egg hook will catch a lot of carp. Use frozen raw peas. Thaw a few at a time in your mouth.[/#0000ff]
[signature]