Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Schofield Monster Tiger!
I caught another monster Tiger Trout at Schofield. I was fishing in the lake casting toward shore. I was only 10-13 yards off of the bank.

I fished with minnows. I hooked them with a #12 treble hook through the skull and suspended them from a bobber with about 5 feet of line. The fish couldn't lay off of that bobber. They seemed more interested in the Chub minnows (even though some of them were pretty good sized) than the shiners.

I didn't have a scale to weigh him before he got eaten by me. I can't believe how orange and tasty the Tiger Trout meat is. I let quite a few other Tigers and Rainbows go. I can't believe how big they are getting at Schofield.

Take a look at the pictures and it is really cool how thick he was. Notice the hump behind his head. I haven't seen a hump like that on all of the other Tigers I have caught. What a blast!

If I had to guess I would say he was around 22-25" and between 4 and 6 pounds. Pretty nice for Schofield.
[signature]
Very nice fish....sure looks tasty. Thanks for posting. When did you catch it?
[signature]
Not as pretty as your first one, but a dang nice fish for sure. You should have mounted those tigers next to each other and put "Beauty and the Beast" underneath them.
I like when those tigers get the Humpbacks, makes them looks like real beasts.
[signature]
I did think about mounting this fish. He had the size I was looking for in a mount, but not the color. The other nice Tigers I have caught had great color but were a little small for the wall.

Someday the stars will align and I will catch a big fatty with amazing color, length and girth. Maybe I am being too picky. At least thinking about it keeps my mind off of work!
[signature]