Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stream access ruling
Here is the DWR's take on the ruling involving stream access recently:
http://wildlife.utah.gov/fishing/waters_access.php
[signature]
That really helps me personally, thanks bud., the forum owes ya. Off I go to fish along the accepted definition of the "stream bed" with legal access,of course!!! [Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile] I'll probably do some shooting of duckies as long as I can make sure they land in the "bed". [:/]
[signature]
Those are as good as guidelines as any. I noticed it said reaffirmed the 1982 court findings. Amazing that private property owners could get people thrown off the water despite legal assess that has predated the formation of the US and the Utah courts already clearified previously. I say we should use ( not abuse) these rights so we don't get people enforcing nonexisting laws to limit our rights again.
[signature]
Does anyone know if a person cited in the past could go back and appeal the ticket today. I haven't had one but am curious.
[signature]
[quote bassbugn]Does anyone know if a person cited in the past could go back and appeal the ticket today. I haven't had one but am curious.[/quote]

Not if they plead guilty.

I don't know if I like the decision. As someone who doesn't own the land, it sure is inviting. But for someone who does own the land, I would be a little annoyed, especially since it doesn't specifically define those terms.
[signature]
Maybe if the plea was no contest they could try. As for the land owner right, I read the entire ruling and it spells out pretty clearly the protection of their property and any damage caused is clearly illegal. Hopefully everyone will respect their property and not give all sportspersons (pc) a bad name.
[signature]
So the big question is who has a nice spot picked out?

I do.
[signature]