Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon fishing report
Hit the Snohomish River this morning. Fished from legal start time to about 9am. There were a few others out, but it wasn't too crowded. Didn't see anyone hook any salmon, including us. My friend caught and released two small rainbow trout, and that was it for the morning. Was hoping the weekend rain would bring some more salmon up. There were some jumping, but not many and fishing was slow.

Still, a great day out on the water, beautiful scenery, and got to go late to work. Can't get any better than that (ok, it wouldn've been better had we caught something. [cool])
[signature]
Go up to the Stillaguamish, hour north, much of it is fly only , barbless only so unless that's how your fishing, .....

Probably the best salmon and steelhead river off the sound, and by far the most complex of all in the regs, will need a very good topo map, and a GPS or local guide preferably, you'll see the regs are a head scratcher on this one.

It's all broken down by where different creeks come into it and old bridges and the like that you have to know, but it's well worth it.

HWY 9 to Arlington and then up Arlington-Darrington Rd. runs along it locals are real nice, have several friends in Arlington so got to know the river a bit and it's a beauty, that river is the primary initial reason I want to get into fly fishing

Much more likely to get your salmon there
[signature]
you guys still seeing salmon over that way.

mich is still getting a few, just wondering how the runs are doing over there.
[signature]
I haven't been out again, but yes some salmon are still being caught in both salt and the rivers here. Although this past week we had some severe rain and all the rivers were flooding, so no fishing going on, except to fish out the casualties.
[signature]