Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 6th Annual Bear Lake Salsa Boyz Party ... Nov. 15
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Every year, for the last 5 years, about this time of the year, we start making plans for the annual BFT Bear Lake Salsa Boyz party. So, as in years past, I've come up with a date for the 6th annual party.

For those of you who are new to the BFT Utah board and are wondering just what this gig is, here is some info:

Back in 2003, several of the regular BFT Utah members were comparing notes about homemade salsa. We were trying to think of a way to get together to share some salsa and do some taste testing. We come up with the idea of meeting together at Bear Lake and do some chips and salsa taste testing while fishing together. Well, over the years, there is not much salsa up there any more but the name “Salsa Boyz” has just kind of stuck and provided a great excuse and opportunity to get together for some friendly fishing on Bear Lake.

Each year, around about noon, when the fishing seams to slow a bit, we all pull the boats together to eat lunch and share all kinds of eats. Guys have brought lots of tasty treats. Things like salami, cheese, SUPPER HOT peppers, chili, hot out-of-the-oven bread and jam, etc.. It’s always a fun lunch time. This year, like each year in the past, we will see what new tasty treats show up.

Even though the party is never intended to be a “competition”, we always wonder just who will catch the biggest fish of the day.

Here are the basic details for this year’s get together:

[ul][li]Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008[/li][li]Time: Definitely no specific time but most will be there launching just before daylight.[/li][li]Where: Bear Lake ... most will probably launch at the State Park Marina.[/li][li]What to bring: No need to bring anything at all but if you want to, bring something to share with the other folks at lunch time. Sometime around noon we’ll circle the wagons and pass the grub.[/li][li]Who can participate: Anyone that wants to. Come join the fun.[/li][li]Cost: Free ... of course[/li][li]Radio: GMRS/FRS Channel 16 (sweet 16) [/li][/ul]
Some blasts from the past:

[ul][li][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=80894;#80894"]2003[/url][/li][li][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=170847;#170847"]2004[/url][/li][li][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=227617;#227617"]2005[/url][/li][li][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=290490;#290490"]2006[/url][/li][li][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=374442;#374442"]2007[/url][/li][/ul]
Last year, Adam Eakle of Roughing it Outdoors paid a surprise visit and did a video piece on the party. BigFishTackle and Sportsman's provided a bunch of great prizes. Who knows what will, or will not, happen this year.

So to heck with the price of gas. To heck with the crashing stock market. Grab a fishing buddy and come join the fun on Bear Lake next month.
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
I'll be there and I'm looking forward to it[Smile], I just have to figure out what snacks to bring[Wink]. Thanks for putting this together again Ralph.
[signature]
What part of the lake will you all be fishing?
[signature]
Barring any unforeseen problems, I will be there again with some fresh, hot bread and jam before the boat launch. BYOC (Bring Your Own Coffee/Chocolate) I'm prepared to catch some nice fish again, so come prepared to try to out-fish me! Fishing has been pretty good this fall overall. The fish are just starting to get their spawn on.
[signature]
We too are looking forward to it again!! See you Boyz on the pond!![Wink]
[signature]
I plan to be there again.
[signature]
My son and I are looking forward to this years gathering as always. I'm not sure what we are bringing , but there will be something. Looking forward to seeing you all again. I just got moved into my new house and things have been a little crazy lately. This will be a welcome relief as I haven't been out all summer this year.

AFdan52
[signature]
I might be there depending on the weather.[cool]
[signature]
I know you were out at least twice this year but one of those times you were in my boat, so it sounds like you will need to dust the cobwebs off your boat Dan. Good to hear you got into that new house.
[signature]
Brody, thats one thing you cant say about Bear Lake is depends on the weather!![mad] It may be nice and sunny when you leave home and be like the barren sea when you get there[pirate]!! I always plan on it being windy and stormy and then if it turns out to be good weather then its a bonus!![cool]
[signature]
[#0000ff]"I always plan on it being windy and stormy and then if it turns out to be good weather then its a bonus!!"[/#0000ff]

Man ... ain't that the truth!
[signature]
If I were to bet, most guys will be around the Rock Pile, the new rock piles, or along the east side.

Dinnner will most likely be around 11:00 somewhere close to the old rock pile.

But as for me, I just plan to quietly sneek around where ever AFDan fishes. He's the one to keep an eye on.
[signature]
I will probably be there but probably in a different area I will turn the radio on good luck.
[signature]
Hey Scott, you are more than welcome to come over around noon and join in the snacks and the get together, even if you fish some where else. We will be the big group of boats that are all tied up together around that time, hope you can make it.
[signature]
Barring some unforseen problem, I am planning on coming up. I have been out once this fall up at the big blue and did well. Gonna come back up and get after them again.[Wink][cool]

I am predicting warm and sunny weather. [angelic]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#500050][size 5]Count me in, I may have a spot on the boat for a first mate,[Wink] ( I am the skipper of couse),[cool] I am there for the food, and if I catch a Fish thats just makes for a better time. [/size][/#500050][/font][fishin]
[signature]
[fishin] We will be there again this year. Look forward to seeing everyone. We tried the jigging thing last year, were not to good. We plan on trolling this year from the warm hardtop. Travis
[signature]
I haven't fished bear lake before. I'd love to come up and join in on the festivities. I have a couple of good recipies to share. I don't have a boat so my tube could be used as a buoy as long as I'm not in it. FishnCoach does it look like you still need a first mate? I'm looking forward to finally putting some faces to some fellow BFT members.
[signature]
That will be a busy week with trying to make a run up sturgeon fishing too but should be able to make it. Hunting has kept me out of the boat but got it done and hope to get some fishing in before the water gets a crust.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000]Got things worked out, so I will be able to join in the Hu-Raa:: on the Big Blue that day. I along with Jig_Jrk will be lurking arround the Rock pile. Hoping to hook into the Big 'n. [Smile][/#000000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"] Looking forward to seeing you all.[/font]
[signature]