Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still time to wax your sled
It's not to late to pull out the ice sleds and wax them up. Had to leave mine in the sun a little longer then in the summer today but it still got hot enough to wax. Might be the last weekend to do it outside.
[signature]
I got ready to wax mine in the heat of the summer and couldn't find my large block of wax.[frown] I guess I shouldn't have cleaned and organized the garage a few months ago -- now everything is organized I can't find anything.
[signature]
I have the same problem everytime I clean. The problem today was getting through all the unfinished projects to get to the sled.
[signature]
Duh....remind me what to do, Rocky. I forgot what we used to do in Frostbite Falls.
[signature]
Put your sled out in the sun and let it get nice and hot. Then let the sled melt the parafin wax for you. Move the wax back and forth until you have everything you want waxed. Doesn't hurt to set the wax out for a little while and let it warm up too.
[signature]
I am new to all this ice fishing craziness. What kind of wax do I use on my sled?
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
As mentioned in the previous post, parafin wax will work fine. You can purchase it at hobby stores and some other stores may carry it.
[signature]
Thanks Kent

If had been paying attention instead of playing with the grandkids I would have realized the answer was already there.

Thanks again.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.