Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Report
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=25822"][Image: winner.gif][/url][/center][center][#ff0000]5-17-03[/#ff0000][/center]

I took the kids down to Utah Lake last night and they had a ball. We fished at Lincoln Beach on the north dike near the end casting into the lake not the channel. The mudcats were in there thick. What was nice was that they were all big mudcats 1lb 1 1/2 lb. We started fishing around 6:30 pm and by 8:00 we was out of bait and had to come home. We used 1/2 a worm on the bottom with a sinker. It did not matter if you threw out 15 ft or 50 ft. The catching was fast enough that the kids did not get board. We even caught 1 real big sunfish. We released everything. We did not catch any channel cats, maybe next time.

Take a Kid Fishing and make there day...[Smile]
[signature]
sounds fun, good report. i would love a catfishing trip like that.
[signature]
Nice report kidsnme, you say you went at night, how were the mosquitos. I know Utah Lake is real bad with them when it gets warm.Thanx-TIBBZZ-
[signature]
There was lots of mosquitos but they were not biting. Usually it is the other way around the bugs are bitting and fish are not. We did forget to roll up the windows in the car and when we got back in it was full of Mosquitos. So we had to drive down the road with the back open and shoeing the buggers out of the car. "Kids loved that part too."
[signature]