Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Friday (Report)
Launched from the North Marina at 8:00 am( For those who don't know the South Marina is closed for repairs) We headed for the west dike and trolled the all the way to the the light pole. We were metering fish but no takers. Made a pass by the humps and still no takers. I was using a chrome rattletraap and a white 3" grub. My friend was pulling a shad rap and a gitzit tube. We made a run to the island and still no wipers it was noon now and a headed to the mouth of the So. Marina. We did manage to get one wiper on the grub and got one crappie next to some floating christmas trees so we didn't get skunked. The water temps ranged from 59 to 64 at 5:00. I did see BLM charge out of the North Marina on his wiper quest on his way to thte west dike. I hope he had better luck. Can wait to see his post.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]No wipers for us but we did manage a nice walleye. We also missed a couple strikes. We trolled the north & west dikes for wipers and dragged bottom bouncers with worm harnesses off the feed lot. We graphed fish at the 12' to 13' depths when walleye fishing. Beautiful day on the water but the fishing could be better. Water temperature was 65 to 67 degrees; the farther south the warmer the water. [/size][/font]
[signature]